10/31/2006

in the circle game

Well, I didn't get the kitchen even washed down or stripped. I checked in with the Sis, she is coming to get the trim sorted out in the bedroom today but will be missing for our study group tonight. She will get to see the place almost clean as I finished the pantry, found most of the floor in the kitchen, did two loads of wash (yay!), contact papered the top of the washer and touched up the bathroom and pantry doors. I swept and mopped so the place looks almost like a real house for tonight.

It was quiet as I did "normal" chores and walked through each mostly tidy room putting things up or out on the poor, misused porch. I got a little taste of what it will be like when it's done and the people are doing their own thing again and I will be alone here. It was peaceful and pleasing. Except for the "Where do I put the desk" conumdrum I have things where I want them and they are mellow, interesting and easy feeling. I think it's going to be prime.

I will have plenty of things to do still for awhile. I want to hand stitch a denim/flannel quilt, get the photos framed and on the walls of family, recover the dining room chairs, shorten the table a few inches, color strip and iron the curtains, at least in the dining room, tat, bead and macrame gifts for christmas, try some tatted earrings on ebay and start doing ebay again. I still have websites to update, too.

I won't be sitting around moping. With the Saturday "dinner and a movie" for a few friends at a time and one designated "visiting night " for seeing friends along with the bible study I will stay plenty busy. Add in Lions on Sundays and I will probably be wondering how I found the time to rip the house up and put it together again. And when do I work on my music?

I was pretty tired I guess. I sat down to catch Tim the Toolman on Leno and fell asleep before the next guest. I woke about one thirty, put on the coffee, gave the animals an outside, let them in again and went to bed.

I woke to discover that while we were playing with the electricity that my alarms had reset to midnight. I had plenty of time to check the email and get to work but did reset the alarms. Tonight I am just fixing dinner and cleaning it up, no chores, no painting, just study session. I need the break.

Wednesdy it's on to the kitchen; sorting, boxing, spackling, cleaning; and by Thursday I hope to be painting. I want the downstairs done. With a final run through with the machine and an old fashioned scrub and scrap of the tile floors I should be able to wind it up by Saturday night.

Keep your fingerts crossed fom me. My posts might even go back to the things I am thinking about instead of the ones I am doing.



It's Halloween again.

For Janet - I believe in ghost, spirits, souls, haunts - whatever you want to call them. I am offering one of last year's posts as it is my favorite. This year's stories are still too new to share. Boo to all of you! Happy Halloween!

Comments: 5 Comments:
At 31/10/06 10:47 PM, Blogger Hippie girl said...

Hey there! thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. I came over here to check out your blog(s). I'd like to add you to my list if you don't mind. I haven't been very consistant lately but I am working on that.
I read your profile Loved it. Auntie Mame .... My fav too have you seen both verions One with Lucille Ball the secound with Jane Russel??? maybe?? if you know let me know.
Anyhow you sound as busy as me, But I hope to take time to get to know you better.
Thanks, Hang in there. Keep ypur fork in your hand.Tell about that one at another time..Sandi

 
At 1/11/06 12:03 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Hi Hippi, I wandered into your blog from somewhere. Feel free to add me to your blog list, thank you.

I have seen both versions of Auntie Mame but love the original.

I always keep my fork - for dessert, right?

 
At 1/11/06 7:48 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Happy Halloween to you too, Val.

Speaking of Mame, I played Ito in the high school play. I had to dye my hair black for the part. It was a hoot!

 
At 2/11/06 8:56 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I'll bet it was great fun! Thanks for stopping in Fred!

 
At 2/11/06 10:33 AM, Blogger dan said...

I can't believe you still have the ability to watch the Lions on Sunday.

That's a strong woman right there.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home