9/11/2006

Has anybody here seen my old friend, John? 2,996

The coordinator of 2,996 wrote and asked us to post our memorials if they were ready as the site is being bombarded with hits. I got to read "Every name has been assigned. Now we’re going through the list a second time." MORE than 2,996 Bloggers asked to be included in this memorial effort. Some of them are readers or people I read and I am proud to be working along side them so this horrendous attack will not be forgotten.

The complete list of memorials is here: http://www.dcroe.com/2996/?page_id=2 and I challenge you to read them all. The few I have been to are heartwarming tributes and bring home the reality of the huge loss in talent and love we lost that day. Bless all the families coping with it still.

On September 11th, 2001 Martin John Coughlan, 54, originally from County Tipperary, Ireland, was murdered. He was just one of the 2,996 victims of the coordinated terrorist attacks against the United States. Read my memorial here: http://invisiblewounded.blogspot.com/2006/09/2996-in-memoriy-of-9112001-martin.html


Comments: 8 Comments:
At 9/9/06 7:09 AM, Blogger Janet said...

This is a great idea. I wish I had found something like this to participate in.

I didnt know you had lost me. My link changed quite a long time ago. I dont even think the forwarding URL works anymore. How did you find me? I guess blogging is a small world after all- I'm glad you did!

 
At 11/9/06 8:44 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I was looking for you, that's how I found you!

had the link wrong.

 
At 11/9/06 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for participating in this project and for your comment on my tribute to Stacey.

 
At 11/9/06 11:52 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

Thank you for your wonderful tribute.

I honor Lt. Col. Johnson today

 
At 11/9/06 4:13 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Great tribute, Val. This was a great idea.

 
At 11/9/06 8:05 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Yeah I saw you had the planet janet link. That's awhile back now! I am glad you found me. I am also glad I can still access the comments people leave via email as I can't access the site indefinitely:(

 
At 12/9/06 4:34 PM, Blogger boneman said...

Dang it....I feel like a caveman.
All'a'y'all had researched yer people, and me? Heck, I thought I did, only t'find I had mis-spelled his name, so, when I got nothin, I just painted a picture.

Then, today, I find out how I mis-spelled his name, go to the google search engine and find that there's like a b'zillion posts on this guy!

Really makes ya feel "old" sometimes, y'know?

 
At 12/9/06 10:17 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I know old this year, Boneman.

It's ok, we all did it differently and I liked your painting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home