10/24/2006

What am I doing hangin' 'round?

Wow, what a flying weekend! First Buck went on me and then we ripped the house to shreds again.

The Kid and his Kid were supposed to be early on Sunday, I was up at six waiting for them. They got there after ten. We sparred a little over their definition of early and they started ripping out carpet and scrapping off glue. The boy of Kid works well. They left me with clean up and misc. nails to pound in. That meant I wasn't hanging wall paper or painting, darn it. But I got it done.

They were gone by one because we are Lions watchers and they are Nascar nuts. Best Girl and Grand2 were over for the game. We did a little before it started but they knocked off for the kick off and I waved good bye to the Kid and helper. I got to watch parts of the game but I was painting the second coat on the pantry and the window in the bathroom between plays. You can see I left the bag off the dog. I really think they are improving and that a few of those penalties were undeserved. Not to mention the pass interference and holding calls that were NOT made on the other team. Grand2 slept through the game after the first score by the other team.

BG put in Serenity and watched what she missed falling asleep the other night. Grand2 slept through that, too. I watched the end with her. I was getting beat by then. I had been digging out the kitchen and washing rags of their paint so we could use them the next day. We did like one chore and I sent her on her way as she has been killing herself out here with me and had to work in the morning.

When the guys brought the furniture and linolinium on Monday they knocked out a globe on the ceiling fan upstairs and laid the light fixture itself over sideways. Glass everywhere and in the new flip down bed storage area, darn it! I got it knocked off the bill. I sent back the box springs I didn't order, too, and got that money back. I had them look at the area by the door where the edge of the carpet was frayed and they just tucked it back in. It's not sealed under rubber joint cover, so I am not happy yet.

The many times may she be blessed Sis, came over and worked with The Kid about one yesterday. They got the sub floor down, the ceiling in the bedroom done and we got the closet doors figured out so they will work right when we reassemble the room. I fed them grilled ham and cheese and chips and wished I had more for them. The sis had to scoot but The Kid stayed to watch his show before he left for home. I had someone, for a minute, to talk with about the pretend world of TV, tell me the plot while I petted the dog and cat and just sat in my new furniture for about the fourth time. It was nice. He rolled on down the road with another load of stuff and reminded me to keep my feet out of the mud on the floors.

The bed for my room is half in the living room AND half upstairs, I have one little dresser left and it's in the dining room, my personal care stuff is all over the counters and the table in the dining room is buried under the "some assembly required" replacement ceiling fan and light. Guitars are hidden out of the way everywhere in the living room. The end tables are buried under stacks of stuff.

Newly sealed seams of gray goo line the nailed edges of the new subfloor The Kid is putting in for me and once last night I had to erase a cat print from one area. We have cut in, cut out, cut up and cut down edges, boards, trim, paint, windows and climbed up and down the step stool. It's a true mad house and I am half nuts with it. I blew the breaker with a terrific POP when I hit both wires from the ceiling with the new cover for the new lamp, trying to size it. I had to go find that in the basement, which was on the same breaker! Flashlight! When I think I still have the kitchen and two rooms upstairs to go I freak, so I am NOT thinking about it. NOT, hear me!

Its a true disaster area and I have to go home to it but maybe tonight we can shove most of it back in the bed room. And it's bible study night. Yay?

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 24/10/06 8:31 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

WOW. You really are staying busy! Whew!

 
At 25/10/06 9:43 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

It seems to work for me, no thinking except about what I am working on....

no thinking is good, it's going to be a long winter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home