3/23/2005

What's so funny?

It was a long day at work and I headed home, thankful that there was no major hormone flood making me look at fence posts longingly and panting so heavily that my glasses fogged up.

Tuesday nights I have my Mom and Sis3 (Cee) over for Bible Study. When I had my hip replaced Mom and Sis were there, Mom every day, sometimes twice! So when Mom said she wished we could have a bible study, I was feeling pretty indebted and said "Sure, why not?"

It's turned into a time to catch up with all the family we each have contacts with, a time to point out needs for others and to consult on sticky situations we run into. Then we really study. There must be 14 reference books we use!

What more natural than for a girl to ask her Mother about men no pause? So last night I started to detail my recent, out of control hormone driven experiences.

I guess I should do stand up. They were both literally blue and purple and had tears rolling down their faces while they clutched their ribs in one hand and groped blindly for napkins with the other.

It didn't seem that funny when I wrote it.....

Anyway, when they could gasp out a few coherent words, their advice wasn't practical. My sis is younger than me. I warned her about laughing at other's problems. She didn't look worried enough to suit me. They finally quit joking around and I said, "Mom, was it like this for you?"

She really couldn't tell me. It just blew over her head. Her mate had M.S. and they had a special relationship. She was so worn from working full time and taking care of him all the rest of the time that the rages and rushes were attributed to other causes, I believe. Well, crap! What are mom's for and NOW who do I ask?

Later today I will search men no pause on blogs and see if there is any help out there for me.