3/21/2005

Adventures in Aging

This last week has been a real whoopty do! Up and down the hormone scale like a teenager. I came running home one day to find a nice dinner ready and it was all I could do to be nice and eat it, first.

Next day it's "Sex? Never heard of it," for morning coffee. In the afternoon it was "Must mate or die!"

I have been dealing with men no pause for several years. One of my first experiences really threw me for a loop.

You have to remember, I love my mate. I find him the ultimate alpha male. His eyes can melt me and his eyebrows lead me on. His lips can twitch one way and I am in tears for my sins. His real kisses scorch me with his fever. I don't even find other accessible males attractive.

I was working in a retail outlet. Customers are OK if they are over 3 feet tall. I get along well with mine and usually chit chat and quip with them as they shop.

Early one afternoon a family from out of town came into the store. There was a Daddy, a Mommy, a young boy and a BOY OH BOY!

He stepped into a patch of sunlight by the door. I don't know what chemical imbalance I can blame my reaction on but, if he had been alone, I would have been tempted to see if he liked older women.

Turns out the BOB is turning 19 today, rides rodeo so he has a right to the skin sucking jeans, western shirt and pointy toed boots along with the dark, dusty cowboy hat he wears. Then he bought himself a lighted yo-yo for a gift. My kind of guy.

Suffered through 2 more hours of work then went speeding home to the mate, told him the whole story, my totally unexpected response and then begged for forgiveness and relief! He blessed me with both, kind lover.

Now here we go again. Last week some time my year 16 hormones kicked in. They brought the greasy skin, black heads and hot for action craving I haven't had in years. My heart drugs sucked all that out of me but here I was, still at work panting, feeling my lips swell and my mouth dry out and wanting him NOW!

I have gone home like that 3 nights running, then there was the weekend, with nothing on the agenda, much, thank the gods! Poor man is freaking out. Actually told me he had a head ache Sunday!

All I seem to be able to do is acknowledge the problem, hang on and lay low. (pun unintended)

Any helpful hints from those who have gone before me into this morass (p.u.)of hormone induced madness are welcome.

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 27/3/05 9:04 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

Two items of advice, though neither of them speak directly to the things you're describing:
(1) Black cohosh. Gotta love the stuff; it keeps the hot flashes at bay. Get the 540 mg capsules, and take one three times a day. Really works.
(2) Once you're through menopause, talk to your doctor about vaginal atrophy. You might not recognize its symptoms as part of a larger condition unless you know what the condition is (Googling "vaginal atrophy" will get you a lot of good information); you won't hear your friends talking about it ('cause it's embarrassing); and you won't know that it's completely treatable.

 
At 27/1/06 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DOesn't sound like there would be any vaginal atrophy here...if you don't use it you lose it...sounds like it is getting used to me..and by the way, as a single, very hormonal and premenopausal for the past 7 or 8 years...get a rabbit! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home