10/27/2006

People are strange

Last night was a little strange. Work was strange, too. It was payday but the boss had a problem with payroll and checks never got there until almost 2:30. The guys were a little tense but I was down right concerned. This guy bounced one check on me and, with things so slow, I got right out the door and down to the bank as soon as it was handed to me. I can't scare up an order any where right now and I don't know why not.

I left early as the fun money is gone and I had to get the deposit in to pay bills with this week. I might need some groceries, too, I don't know. I couldn't hardly keep my eyes open to drive to the bank. I was freaked enough to decide to stop and eat and get some coffee before I went on home. I hit the nice new eatery in Little Town. The nice older woman at the door greeted me with, "Hello, are you by yourself?"

Couldn't help it - I looked over both shoulders and then turned all the way around looking up and down, for tall and short people than answered, "It looks like it to me."

It put her off. I think they are trying to be classy or something. Instead of seating me she asked "Smoking or non smoking?" so I raised my lit and smoking cigarette and she said, pointing, "You can sit anywhere over there or at the bar."

I chose "over there" and a booth, ordered coffee, water and milk on the side then read the menu. I picked pretty quickly, for me, got my order in and started swilling down the java. I may just have needed the food because I felt better after I ate.

I was going to Thinks its a Big City to shop but I went home thinking I might need a nap. But nope, I was awake NOW! It was about six. I got the door frame nailed back up in the pantry and started to do something else when I was over come by how wrong the color on the cabinet itself was. It was supposed to be light tan but dried to a crap pink, almost the color of the frame around this typing area in blogger. I had to get a better color paint!

I called the sis to see what she was doing but she was tired and busy so wasn't up for the ride to town. I took off on my own. I hit a different W store and got all pissy because it's five miles from one and to the other and the stuff I needed was at both ends. I finally just left without half the list because I was too worn out to walk that far.

The new "bed in a bag" I had gotten with the slippery sheets didn't fit the new, extra deep mattress I had so I decided to get bigger sheets and keep the dust ruffle, shams and coverlet but use the sheets upstairs on the new, full size bed. I found a rug for the pantry by the back door and managed to find a sheer that almost matched it for the window in the door there. I got a paint I though would work and headed out the door when the person I asked told me the other stuff on my list was WWAAAYYY over there.

I wanted to run by the nephew's but needed gas and thought I would get smokes as long as I was where they were cheap. My niece in law was the girl behind the counter. That was a surprise. She and the nephew are breaking up but I hadn't heard anything from her in several months. I did think it was strange I saw her on the way to his place.

When I went in to pay she asked me how I was and I slapped my face then told her that was for the first answer and said I was functioning within normal parameters. The first answer was, "Better than you!" There is some stuff going on there I had just learned from the sis when I called her before I left that I can't discuss here, it's not my story.

I will say that when you toss a relationship with a man that loves you, loves your child, pays the bills first and then parties and has never hurt you or even raised a hand to you I gotta wonder what your standards are for a partner. I think it was "boring" being married and taking care of a child for her. I hope she does better next time around. I even have some career ideas for her. I just paid and left last night though as I didn't want to tell her where I was headed.

When I did get there they were all asleep so I just snuck in and left the stuff I brought for him and went on home.

I broke out the new paint and tried it in two spots to see how it looked dry then put the new sheets on the bed and the rubber rug stopper I picked up went under the mattress to keep it from sliding around. That was fun on my own. I folded up the other sheets and pillow cases, dropped them on the steps for the next trip up and got around for bed.

I rested much better last night but was still up and down too much. I think I will have to try the machine this weekend. I have a CPAP but with my allergies I can't always use it.

The Kid is coming tonight to finish the floors and the sis was after the kitchen ceiling with paint today when she called me. One more room, a few finishing touches like recovering the dining room chairs and we are done down stairs. Wow, almost before Halloween! How cool is that?

Then it's the monster hallway and the two upstairs rooms. Then the poor old buried porch and it will all be done before winter really hits. I can see the end of the road and it looks sweet!

Catch you all Monday!

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 29/10/06 9:06 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Nothing like getting a rise out of the masses by holding off on their pay. :)

 
At 30/10/06 3:14 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

It brings me right up screaming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home