10/20/2006

Just to know that you remember me

I did go to town. I went to the four letter word K store first as it was less crowded than the new W store we have in town now. I found a few things I wanted and then looked for someone to give me a price on a neat coffee pot. And looked. All over. No one. I got so pissed I just shoved everything back and left.

I went over to the W place and found really nice dishes cheaper, a real tv stand with casters and a decent coffee pot fifteen bucks less than the ones I saw like it at the four letter word store. I found someone to help me look for a product I couldn't find - TWO somebodies! I was happy.

The bad news was I was late getting home and worried the kids and they called the mom. It was eight when I drove in with my catch. Best Girl and Grand2 helped me unload and then went home.

I unpacked the dishes and the coffee pot, got the clock set on it, nice big red lit numbers I can read from any where in the room! The other pot had black on grey with no back light in it, I hated that. I scraped some more in the pantry, cleared a place to work in the kitchen, had a cup of coffee and called KMA to see how she was doing. She was supposed to work in the yard and seemed a little down so I wanted to touch base with her. I woke her up, darn it! But we talked a long time then so it was ok. I got around and went to bed knowing the coffee would be hot in the morning.

Yesterday was wild. And it promises to be a frenzied weekend. I can't even relieve myself by banging my head on the wall, they are all covered in plaster that will crack or wet paint or new wallpaper. I just go "AAARRRRGGGHHHH! inside a lot!

I got up early, thinking the plumber would be along at nine and I had a few things to get out of his way yet. I made extra coffee in the new pot (a TWELVE cup pot, yay!) so I would have plenty to share. The window man got there first to finish the outsides of the windows. He worked along steady and also renailed the ceiling on the porch for me. As I was writing his check later I was talking about sealing the edges on the trim at the ceiling and he grabbed a caulk gun, shot a bead and used a damp rag to do that for me, too, all the way around. The windows look great inside and out! I was pleased with his clean up, too!

The plumber never called till just after ten. He was on his way. A very nice man who kept going along steady, also, he put in a chunk of new floor in the bathroom, installed a new toilet, fixed the shower control so there is NO MORE DRIPPY, NASTY, NOISY LEAK!, corrected the plumbing on the sink so it sits on it's stand right and I could lose the two by fours under it and the sink won't slide around anymore AND added the lost parts to make the drain plug work right again, then figured out what the kitchen sink needed to keep the pipes connected to the drains right so I can lose the two quart pitcher and sponge that I used to hold them up! He took the old toilet with him, cleaned up his mess and it wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be to get everything working right! Everything! Wow.

If we paint the pantry, touch up the bath, strip out, wash everything, paint the ceiling in the bedroom along with the trim on the doors and windows I can have the vynil floors in Monday! The new mattress and the flip down couch would be delivered, too and all the down stairs but the porch would be done! Ta-furkin-DA! there is the if in there, however. It's a lot to get done and I have another problem. When I called the carpet place today they told me that they can't do the install until the eighth of November! Happens The Kid says he can do it. I guess I will call him tonight and see what he says.

In the middle of the two guys working The Kid showed up to load the big dresser and such to take home with him. I want just a five drawer chest that won't take up much room. He is also taking almost everything I am getting rid of. His son, son's wife and three kids are staying with them while they build a house. The extra dresser and storage space will be welcomed and there are two families to split the stuff between. I liked feeling like I was helping him out.

We got it all loaded in his S10 and my little red. I was following him home as he wanted his son to see little red, they may buy it! I gave them a great deal and will take payments for six weeks on it but let him drive it off Saturday with what they will give me down. If The Kid does the install we can take it off the tab. It works for everyone! If he can do it, if they will deliver, if we get the painting done...and we are back to AAARRRRGGGHHHA! What the hay, I'm going for it!

Buck stopped eating right yesterday and his back end went out from under him again. He is not voiding his bladder right, either. I can't swing many more vet trips. The Best Girl is going out this afternoon to see if she can get him to eat the chicken and oatmeal I made for him. I got a little down him last night, not much. If he eats for her, I skip the vet, if he won't, I will call for a refill on the one med for five more days. If that doesn't work, I will not have him suffering through a long winter, alone and outside and being dead someday when I get home. It's not my happy thought for the day but I have to do something, he is miserable when he is like this and it makes me sad, too.

So say a little prayer for the old dog and add a blessing to all the family helping me out here. I could not have done it without them!

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 20/10/06 3:20 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I feel for you; it's very hard to put a cat down.

Hey, The Lions won last week. Maybe again?

 
At 22/10/06 7:06 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

The bag is off the dog! and Buck is the dog, Timone is the cat.Timone is doing better but still not back to his usually very hefty self yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home