3/23/2005

Not so merry going round

You should read Adventures first.

So then this morning I get up, get dressed, wash up, do my hair, stumble over the cat on my way to the coffee and finally get a cup of fuel in my hand. I walk over to the table where the mate sits and say, "If you just go up stairs and kill monsters, no on will get hurt." He must think I was kidding. He stays.

I realize my pocket money is still in my other pocket and slurp some of the hot stuff then get up and wander off to get it. I can't find it. On the way back the black cat wants out. She says so, she's crouching right in front of the door. Like the nice lady I am, I go to let her out. She runs away.

This is bad. I go beserk. I kick the dog toy box by the chair she is hiding under to flush her. She races to the coffee table for cover. I pick up the solid wood, 2 x 4 constructed table and MOVE it! She runs back to the chair.

I feel the mate watching me and bellow "Don't just sit there, help me catch that cat!" My voice is like the one in True Lies when they interrogate the wife; Deep, distorted, evil.

Mate roars up out of his chair from the unfair flogging, gets right in my face and says, LOUDLY, "Go sit down and drink your coffee! You are WAY out of line and you'll know it later!!!"

I try to push it, the cat dissed me, and he gives me that totally male, not your buddy this minute look so I shut up and go sit down.

He puts the living room back, finds my money and puts the "poor, scared kitty" out. THEN he goes up to kill monsters.

I take my coffee and go to my own machine, power up, finish the last two pages of newsletter, fix the printer glitch, print them and he wanders back down.

"Aren't you running a little late?"

"Hmm, OH! Yup, I am, darn, I better get going." I stand up, put the newsletter in a folder, shut down the machine and turn to get a good bye hug. The guy doesn't even flinch! I have forgotten the whole incident already - almost.

"Buddy, I'm VERY sorry about the rotten start to the day." Yeah, well, he says, "I plan on living through it.

"I'll be home around five tonight."

He gives me another kiss then looks me in the eye and says, "Which one of you?"

We both laugh but I can't answer because I don't know yet.