10/26/2006

Here in my deep purple dreams

Last night I went home and the Best Girl had cleared the tub of the floor boards and sawdust and such we had been using it for then CLEANED it! All so I could have a bath instead of a PTA. How sweet is that?

The goal was to hang the wallpaper in the pantry/laudry/mud room. We got it. It took two double rolls and part of a third, most of a bucket of paste and a lot of being sillly, but it's done. The paper we are using is left over from the first time we did this ten years ago. It was an expensive, woven cloth/string paper in bleached linen-ish colors. I got it on sale. I really liked it a lot but after ten years of dust and smoke it looked more like a dirt road on a fall day and was nasty with nicotine. I had to vacuum my walls and even that didn't work forever, forget trying to wash it. But there is limited exposure to dirt in that room so I am hoping it makes it ten years again in better shape. The worst problem will be the animal hair as that is also where the dog is fed along with the cat food on the dryer.

BG and I got all the big pieces hung by about nine with a break to eat and I sent her for home to get some sleep. I think she is starting to look a little ragged. She has been here a lot and it's a 25 mile round trip every time. I finished up piecing in over doors and small strips about ten thirty. I dragged in the board I needed for the door frame in that room and got two coats of paint on it while I cleaned up the mess we made with the paste.

I took a reading break and then headed for the shower. It was hot, NON leaking! and needed. I got my jams on and crawled into the new bed with a book. I turned off the light, blocked the numbers on the clock with the book, rolled over on the nice sheets and headed to dream land. I woke freezing. These are some smooth and slippery sheets! The blankets and the top sheet were all sideways and laying on the floor! It was about three I guess. I flipped on the light, reasembled the bed and crawled back in, noting the dog was on her padded rug, as planned.

I did it all over again at five and woke again at six. Never did get to dreamland. I must have been having a rowdy night or something. I am not very rested. Today is payday and I will get sheets that really fit the bed and are not quite so elegant and slippery. I hope to sleep better tonight and these can go on the spare bed upstairs. I have to go to the bank anyway so may as well pick up a few things.

You were all pretty absent on yesterday's comments, readers. I am not neither nuts, all you silent people on the last post! LOL, just saying. So speak your piece. Even if I am wrong and going quietly crazy I won't get mad if you point it out to me.

Comments: 5 Comments:
At 26/10/06 7:30 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Wallpaper border looks nice sometimes. But then I think about the pain it is to take it down and put it up and think I could live without it. lol

 
At 27/10/06 1:33 AM, Blogger Julie said...

You are such a busy gal, it's good to finally do something for yourself at your place... but do take care of yourself..

hug and love and kisses,, to one of the most lovely ladies I know,,

 
At 27/10/06 9:53 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I have actually slept well for about three nights. I haven't been sweating, and I have induced the cat to sleep by Cuppa's feet. It's better that way -- her legs are shorter. It would be nice to make it four nights, but I guess I shouldn't get greedy.

 
At 27/10/06 10:06 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I had just a border in the kitchen and it left that nasty clean spot when the sis took it down, think I will skip it this time, Janet.

I have to stay busy right now, Julie, or I will have to much time to think sad thoughts.

Turning ten year old, dusty, nasty stuff into clean, new, neat stuff makes me feel like I am really accomplishing something, a happy thought. It is looking so nice! I will get photos up eventually.

 
At 27/10/06 10:20 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Hey Anvil! I am glad you are still with us.

Guess I better get in gear if I am going to get over the bridge and meet you two sometime!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home