10/25/2005

Ding dong the witch is dead!

We heard from the Florida bunch, the two in Key West are staying to work, the two in Miami are headed to Orlando to hang out. We are still missing reports on the more northern bunch but I bet they are fine. We are a pretty resiliant group.

moon witchOk, Amber and Re-dirt started it for me. Real ghost stories. Only ones you have experienced yourself.

It's almost Halloween/Samhain so why not? Well, maybe some of you think the rest of us will think you're crazy. What's the problem with that? This is a news flash? Most everyone thinks someone is crazy and at least one person must think you are already so what's the big deal?

Ok, raise a hand if - You won't walk under a ladder, open an umbrella in the house, do throw salt over your shoulder if you spill some, won't write check #666, believe that if your palm itches you will come into some money, actively search for four leafed clovers, carry a rabbit's foot, or walk around black cats rather than let them cross your path, won't step on a crack.....LOL!

So we are all a little weird, primitive, if you will and our strange tales give us tingles up our backs. Today I'm just leaving a short one but I will add more later.

I think my "most real" ghost lived in my friend's house in Kansas. It was just an old farm house and we never did find out why it was haunted.

We would be sitting around down stairs and hear furniture being rearranged up stairs. The heavy footsteps of a man with farmer boots on would be shoving dressers and beds back and forth across a hardwood floor.

The first time this happened my friend and I were drinking coffee and playing cards in the dining room. We had the stereo on but not overly loud. "Who's moving in upstairs?" I asked. As far as I knew she and all the rest of the band only used the downstairs rooms, I had the couch.

She looked at me funny, "You hear it, too!?"

"Well - YA! They are making a heck of a racket," I replied, and probably wrecking the floor up there," I added.

"Come on then, I'll introduce you," she said and slid back her chair, laid down her cards and headed for the door to the stairs. The bed upstairs made an exceptionally loud squeel as the steel legs were dragged across the floor. "Stay close," she told me as she opened the door and flipped on the single bulb at the top of the stairway.

The noises stopped. Not, the person quit moving stuff and walked out of the room, not the person sat on the bed to rest, they STOPPED dead.

I looked at her and we started up the stairs together, closely together. When we reached the top I can see that the upstairs is all one room and the floor is covered with a deep tan carpet. There are three cardboard boxes near the top of the stairs, and that is it.

We just stare a minute and I turn and head back down, glad to reach the stronger light of the dining room. She followed right behind me, switched off the light and shut the door to the stairs.

We sat back down at the table and picked up our cards. "So, what's his name?" I asked her.

"I don't know," she answered, "I just call him ghost guy. He never comes down stairs and we just don't go upstairs. It works."

A chill raced down my spine and I gave a little shiver. Sleeping on the couch that night proved to be a little difficult.

Comments: 6 Comments:
At 25/10/05 8:24 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I would have slept somewhere else that night. Creepy.

My neighbor swears that everytime they talk about her mother, a picture of her flies off the shelf. It doesn't happen when anyone else is around.

Weird.

 
At 26/10/05 7:26 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Boo!

 
At 26/10/05 9:20 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Yup. I don't share my ghost story because I don't want to get locked up. I actually know a couple of them that happened to my friends, as well. I'll tell you one of those instead (mine is too long-winded to post in here).

An ex-fiance of mine (I'm a serial engager) once told me of the apartment he and his mom lived in when they lived in NY. (His mom verified this story and told me others). NOTE: These people are prominent people who would never speak openly of this.

He was in his teens then, and was a bit of a wild thing. Wild enough that he became a Guardian Angel later.

Anyway, he says that they moved into an apartment where an old lady had died just before they got it. Apparently she was a very friendly old lady, and liked the apartment. A LOT. Because she stayed on.

At night, while he was out, she would pace back and forth in front of the door until he got home (they guessed she was worried about him). His mom got used to it after a while.

When his mom was cooking, the ghost would occasionally stand behind her, peering over her shoulder. His mom figured that the ghost was just making sure that she was getting it right.

When they watched TV, the ghost would come over and plump herself down next to them. They'd see a depression in the cushion and feel her there. She just wanted to hang out.

They finally moved to Florida and had to leave the friendly ghost behind. They had grown to know her, and missed her.

 
At 26/10/05 10:45 AM, Blogger dan said...

With all these "true" ghost stories I've been reading, it makes me sad I've never experienced anything like that...

If it's as widespread as it seems, it makes me wonder if I just haven't been lucky, or if I haven't been paying close enough attention.

 
At 27/10/05 2:00 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I have only had three "house ghosts", Dan. I have lived in 60 or better places. So odds are you Just haven't hit the right place yet.

Happy haunting!

 
At 31/10/06 6:52 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I think it's only the people who have had experiences that they cant explain that are open to believing. I've decided I should include that in my post!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home