2/20/2008

Tumbling allong with the tumbling tumble weed

I'm still here!

I have been trying to spend more time with friend and family. I can't get out to do it sometimes, the weather limits me. I have been on the phone.


I don't have access at home for the internet right now and it has opened up the phone for visiting again. It stays busy almost all the time, I'm loving it.


While I have been out and about, too, spending real time with people, when I can't get out I can still let them know I am thinking of them. It has made a difference in my days to be able to hear from them.


I'm not knocking the net! I love it here. I research and learn and share here. It is a solitary pursuit that keeps us from each other. When I can't get to "real" people THEN I reach for the net where you all can catch up when you can.


It's a change I think I needed. I get tied up in only what I am doing and thinking and feeling. There should be more congregating and visiting in time I am not working and sleeping. It shows me there is more to life than me, I tend to forget that.


It does mean I am not here much, though. I have been missing you all. I will try to get caught up this week.

There are still changes coming to my life. Some have been good. I came across an old friend with an old friend of another friend along. We are all getting caught up again. There is a need for us in each others lives again.


I watch the snownados driven around the yard and fields and know how they feel. Snow added, dropped, picked up again; Size changed, larger, smaller; moving quickly and then spinning in place; all by a force I can't see or understand. Then the wind stops and they just fall where a moment ago they stirred things up so much you couldn't see the road.

I even saw one leave a foot print on the road in front of me as it went across, a small drift of thin snow in a path as straight as an arrow.

Life is good.

Comments: 5 Comments:
At 20/2/08 5:08 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It seems to me that you're making the right choices. We're all here when you get around to us. For now anyway.

 
At 22/2/08 8:14 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thank you Anvil. I heart you and Cuppa!

 
At 1/3/08 9:56 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

I'm glad life is good!!! You are so right about the real connections. You can't hear someone laughing in their text, or see their smile light up the room. And a real hug beats the pants off of any (((hug)))!! Have a great weekend!

 
At 10/3/08 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11/3/08 8:41 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Life is good, Lois. Thanks for coming by, I see you have been busy, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home