2/04/2008

There is peace in the valley

Got snowed in again today. It's ok, I have what I need. It's time to recover from the grief a little and rest up some. I was tired when I got home yesterday.

I didn't do that much, it was the emotional toll I was feeling. I know so well the loss they feel of mate, father, uncle, son, brother. I have lost all of those myself. I can put my heart in their shoes and wish I could help. I know from where I stand you have to deal with it yourself.

I know the comfort of good friends and family that care standing ready to lend a hand when the world gets too heavy to deal with and I offer that where I can.

Now I have some time for chores for work online and I have time to do a few tasks I have been asked to do for friends. I will have time to call today and see how the kids are doing and the friends I have been trying to keep in better touch with.

Yesterday I got to see friends I haven't seen in two years, some of them. It was good to see that we are still friends and I had fun with them. Even in the loss of a friend other contacts are renewed that need it.

There was so much love there and so many people came that we were standing room only for the opening prayer. It meant so much to the family to see all the ones that my friend's life had touched. They had not expected so many people to come. It was amazing. I was glad for them.

I was able to do as I had planned and feel I did my part to show them I cared. That comforts me. The dogs are in and snoring, the furnace is coming on. Outside the window the beauty of the snow that keeps me home lifts my heart. I am out of seed for the birds is the only lack I have. I am grateful for the peace in my home and heart today.

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 9/2/08 12:13 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

You have lost a lot of people close to you. It's so sad and here you manage everyday to find peace. I love that about you.

Have a great weekend!

 
At 10/2/08 10:04 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I seek it, so I find it.

Sometimes, like quarks, I think you only see it when you believe it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home