1/31/2008

Come along if you care

Tomorrow is not today and I try to stay away from it until it is where I am and what I am doing.

Today is really fine. I paid what bills I can and had enough to share left over. I am good with that. There were even blue skies, though I haven't seen the eagles today. I saw a fuzzy, long tailed rodent I can't spell today by the road.

I heard from the Mom, the kids, the friends, or at least, some of the friends. I am going to stop and see a sick one and an hurt one on the way home.

Squirrel. there. I knew I could. My grama helped me memorized the spelling when I was small.

Disjointed thoughts all reaching for a moment to come together. Delayed reaction times and confusion gathered by the sadness in me.

I am doing this. I can do this. I have the help I need to do this again.

Why is it that another in a pain we know so tears the heart in us? It is not our pain, it's theirs, but it touches you if you care for them and you know the way it hurts.

I care for my friends. I hurt for them.

Tomorrow is the memorial service. It's still today and I am okay however this may sound.

I just need to throw the thoughts out where they don't echo so loud as they do alone in my head.

Thank you for listening. I already feel better for sharing it - whatever it is I shared...

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 1/2/08 8:36 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Dark days for you. Hope you feel the sun in you today.

 
At 1/2/08 9:13 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I feel the Son in me everyday, Anvil. Still I have a human view of life, it's where I'm standing.

Right now it's hard for my friends and my heart truely aches for them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home