1/03/2008

Make em laugh

The year started without me here but I have been where I am needed. The holiday was busy helping people get on their feet again.

Jeanette is getting her carpet today for the bedroom and I have a friend to finish wiring up the few odd things she has left to fix. I am so tickled for her! It's great to hear her happy again.

Someone elfed me yesterday. Like the Shoemaker's elves only came when no one was there and made shoes - elfed. I got home after a run to the bank and visiting a friend and their mom for coffee and encouraging conversation to find my driveway had been snowblowed out.

Someone brought a truck over, unloaded a snow blower and walked it off. I feel badly they didn't go in to find the coffee or the cocoa even to warm themselves. I examined and photographed the treads and shoes or boot tracks they left behind. I will know them if I see them. It's going to make me smile.

It also made me notice I have some thin tread on my tires. I guess the next God money is to put new ones on the truck. This might have been important. I spend a lot of time on the roads. A blow out would annoy me. Now I may avoid it. So that's two points for the elves! Thank you!

The visit where I cheered a friend had made me smile and the gift of the easy in and out drive way made me smile. Jeanette's good news made me smile. Today there was another article on happiness and health. You can read it here. That made me smile, too.

May all of you find one thing in your day to make you smile and may you share it with another person to make them smile, too.

If anyone is still reading I am asking for your favorite joke in the comments today. A laugh is just a multiplied smile and I will take all I can get.

Next time I am here I will post one of my favorite jokes and the one I like best of the ones in the comments.

Let's share a laugh! Play with me! Hugs to you all! Thanks for being here for me!