12/27/2007

It's wonderful, it's marvelous

Once I wrote on the back of one of my journal notebooks; "If I am ever bored to tears again remind me to thank my lucky stars!"

Sometimes it seems like there are just too many things do and people to talk to, talk with, coordinate with and place you have to be to even take a deep breath, much less think or write.

I am just not here right now. I am so sorry. I really miss my blogging and blog reading. I just can't get to it lately.

I have a post on Chantix that needs to get finished. The highlight is that it makes some people depressed or even suicidal. The good news is I have friends that have caring hearts and I am fine now. It did add to my lack of interest in writing...apologies.

The Saturday before Christmas I went to jam session - I hadn't planned on it but they just draw me. I didn't even have my guitar but I had a great time anyway.

Then I went to KMA's and dragged her out with me to go to see the Eldest Daughter at the #1son's house. That was fun! It was so good to see my girl again. I wish we had had more time together but she had lots of others to see, too. Her boyfriend was with her. He and I didn't get much of a chance to talk. Around our group it is hard to get one on one with anybody. There were great pictures and fun had by all, though. KMA remembered her camera, bless her heart!

Sunday that group and my Best Girl, with her boys joined my Sis and all her crew then threw in Mom and an uncle and KMA and a friend of hers and we had a really big party!

The nephew that hosted did a great job in picking a wife that does a great job hosting. Somehow she was the only one that wasn't in on the planning until two days before! Poor kid! But every thing was good. Even though there were so many of us and many short people it was just fun.

Monday I tied up some odds and ends and spent the day alone. Tuesday was quiet until I learned from my foster brother that he and his woman had nothing for Christmas, not even heat except from a fire place.

I had called to say Merry Christmas. Now I was unhappy. If I had known sooner I could have helped more. He didn't want to ask for help so that is what he got - no help. The rat!

Once I knew I packed up what I had and ran him over what I could that he needed. I beat him, in a sisterly way, for not letting us know the problem. He hasn't had work since October and can't get a job. In Michigan that is the status quo right now.

I called in the troops and Mom and Sis got to him the next day. I think he is feeling a little more cheerful and loved today. He is going to Sis's tomorrow to cut wood with them. We have done what we could and will keep a little better eye on them until he is back at work.

It really took the peace out of my Christmas to know I could have helped and didn't know it was needed. It hurt more to know he didn't ask for what ever reason. I have never told the Kid no unless I really couldn't help. He does know that. He comes when I need him, too.

I don't understand why he didn't say he was in a tight spot. I just don't get it. He says it was pride that he didn't ask for help or call to talk to me. I didn't say what it felt like to me.

I will help if I can. I can't offer unless I know of the need. I feel so badly that there are those that would rather suffer than admit that they are broke or lonely or hurt. I may not be able to fix them all up but what I have I share.

We got them fixed up as best we can and now all of us feel better. We that helped were glad for a chance to show we care about them and those that were hurting don't hurt so badly anymore. They know they are loved and there are people who do care.

I like a happy ending. For Christmas I got to help a friend. That made me happy. It made Christmas what it is supposed to be - sharing our love with each other and remembering who gave us enough to share.

It felt like Jesus smiled on us. I like being able to smile back and say thank you to Him.

Comments: 3 Comments:
At 31/12/07 11:13 AM, Blogger Jean said...

Val, that's scary about the Chantix! I know two friends who took it and had to stop because it bothered their stomach something terrible. Glad you are better.

Happy New Year to you, my dear friend!

 
At 31/12/07 12:54 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

I'm glad your loved ones pulled you through those terrible feelings and I'm glad Jesus was smiling down upon you all.

Happy New Year!

 
At 1/1/08 1:11 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thank you both so much for dropping in! I have been following along but comments seem to be jinxed for me lately.

See you this year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home