12/13/2007

it was almost like a song

I have stayed out of ditches this week. I stayed home one day for the ice storm that went through.

Jeanette moved out more than three weeks ago, she should have her occupancy sticker now. I am so glad for her. Life is still rough for the family. One boy needs back surgury from an accident on the job but the workman's comp is doing it's best to stall everything, it seem. The other is still looking for work. In Michigan that is a challenge. And before she even got moved in she had a stray kid staying there again, bless her heart. So please keep the prayers coming.

I have been alone again. Jeanette had elvish ways of helping out that I miss. Not that chores are heavy here, just I do them all again. But I would come home to dishes done or the bathroom cleaned sometimes and smile. Being on different shifts we didn't see each other much. And it was fun to leave her a treat or do a chore for her, too.

I keep finding out I don't like being by myself. I like solitude as long as I can go back to someone when I have had enough.

I have her dog here still who is too spoiled to stay on a chain now. She left him with me for now. He has been companion to my dog. I don't really care if he goes or stays. He's a good dog.

The cat has been making me cranky because I had to put traps out twice now to do her job for her. I keep feeding her because God keeps feeding me and somedays I feel as useless as a cat that won't catch mice. At least she makes me laugh sometimes.

The kids are all going to be around for the holiday and there is a chance I can see all of my kids at one time for Christmas. I am so looking forward to that.

I put the tree up a week or so ago but instead of decorations this year I just laid the fake evergreen tinsel around and put out the pictures of my family and friends. They are under the tree and on the "mantle" above the bookshelf. It is the real gift we give each other - our love.

That has made me smile to look at every time I turn on the tree lights. The rainbow lights shine on the faces of the ones I love.

I know then I am not alone, I am just by myself right now. Every thing changes, this will too. I live, I love, I am glad to be alive.

Sorry I am not here for you all more often right now. Real life has my attention. But I know I will be back some time more regular. For now, God bless you all for me, I love you. Thank you for reading.

PS - don't forget our soldiers this year.

Comments: 7 Comments:
At 14/12/07 12:00 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Happy Holidays, Old Girl.

 
At 14/12/07 10:39 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thank you kind friend.

I read but haven't commented in awhile.

I have not lost touch with you but I seem to be becoming silent...

weird for one with words...

 
At 14/12/07 7:10 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Hoping your holidays find you surrounded by the family and friends who love you!
Merry Christmas!

 
At 15/12/07 12:04 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

They have and they will.

May the joy of grace touch your life, too, friend.

Thank you for my thoughts in your words.

 
At 19/12/07 11:53 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Real life should be first. :)

I'm like you, just don't like being alone. No reason why I guess, just don't like it.

 
At 20/12/07 9:54 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I tend to think everyone feels like I do - I suppose that is a common mistake.

It's nice to know another has the same way of seeing things.

Thanks Lois!

 
At 20/12/07 8:04 PM, Blogger Kira said...

I guess I've never really been alone. I left my house and went off to college with a boyfriend there (my ex husband). Then when we split, I took two young children with me. And now I have Alex too. I keep thinking I would love some more time to myself, but after reading your blog, I realize I probably would rather keep it the way it is than any way else. Time alone is great, but just having somebody around to say this or that to is even better. Animals count, though! I talk to my two cats. I don't care if that makes me crazy :)

We're doing all right here. At least Alex is not here illegally, but it'll be a while before he can work. Money is painfully tight, but love and health and laughter is keeping it just fine. Merry Christmas, Val!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home