7/12/2007

Your love amazes me

So part of the horoscope today:
This is a day to appreciate what you've got - especially the people who love you. Compliment others and let them know how much they mean to you. These words and deeds will have a rippling effect that will bring you a great deal of good fortune.

I just think it is funny sometimes where I find confirmation of my thoughts and prayers. They come to me from friends I talk with and from strangers at the store. I can't even read a book or watch a movie anymore without a word to touch my heart and help me learn more on something I had puzzling me in my heart.

******

I have had a phrase come into my life that made me a little angry. Gremlin words. I got over that part of it. Then I sat down to consider it's application to my life. I saw it didn't just apply to me and my situation, it applies to all of us.

Let's start with this, just paraphrased: Nothing you put into your body defiles you. What comes out of your heart can, if it is hurtful to you or others, be considered a defilement.

What you carry in your heart is what goes out to others. If you are kind and loving or if you are hurt or mean or grumpy - that is what you share with the others that come your way.

Now a friend of mine was told someone who claimed to love them could not. The love was not really for him - it was a transference of affection for another.

Who would ever say to some one - "It can't be you they love." How hurtful! How thoughtless! That someone said that to my friend really hurt my heart for him. That was why I got angry.

How would I feel if someone said to me, "It can't be you he loves, he loves another, you just happened to be standing there. He doesn't love you?" I would feel unloveable, or that the speaker thought I was not loveable. Not a happy thought.

I took it as a learning and, once I went and prayed on it, I was given peace. What comes out of your heart is what is in it. When you are crumpled under a trouble too big you seek the love of those around you and transfer to them a part of it. You talk and share the load you carry and they lift a bit of it for you.

Where one post under a steel plate might splinter and break, six or eight can hold it and reinforce the one that held it alone.

We all transfer out to others our hurts and joys in our day. We transfer our disappointments and they are easier to bear with a friend who may only say something as simple as, "Tomorrow is another day".

We chose who to transfer which feelings to; We don't talk to children of heartbreaks, we talk to our sisters or friends. When finances are a problem we look for a banker. If we seek help with a vehicle we go to a mechanic. We search for a solution to our hurts and problems.

Everyone transfers a bit of the load and all of us carry a part of the hurts for a friend. It's what humans do, work together to get everyone through what life brings their way.

I stood up for my friend that burned out when she had a need I knew I could meet. She did that for me eighteen years ago. The time between meant nothing, she was still my friend, I wanted to help.

Her son, just a week ago, at 12:30 or so, was driving around with a friend. He saw flames coming from a house hidden by the trees. He made his friend stop so they could check it out. The boy driving wanted to just call 911 and go on his way.

Her son made him stop. He went to the house, saw the flames were real and found a window marked as the one a child is in, he got the little girl out. Then he took a rock and broke a window to wake that girl's father. He got the Dad out safely, too.

A mother came home from work that day to find her house gone but her family safe and a boy staying over at a friend's house still had his dad the next day.

Jeanette's son was there when we burned out and saw how his mother cared for us. He burned out himself in January and helped find and save his own children.

He knew what was important was that he was the one that saw the need. He knew lives might depend on it. He could not drive by, he had to stop.

We that cared for each other and showed it- and life itself - had transferred that to him. Two lives were saved and many touched because he cared and took the time to help.

So don't you ever tell me that if someone says they love you it is only given to you because you were standing there. They have to see something in you and know that sharing their love is safe with you. Hurts are too easy to get in life to be careless where we love in truth.

There is a time when grief is fresh perhaps that the loss of what was there everyday screams at you for filling. But no other fills that hole where one is dear. You have to close it with love and move on. You have to work through the hurt and emptiness. It has to heal, only one can do that.

If you are loved here you walk on to find joy in life again. I hurt, but I could transfer my grief and loss to my family and friends. They loved me and let me know it. They carried what they could for me and held me up in prayer.

It was enough to help me walk it alone and comfort the kids and help them work through their pain. I could take that from them as my friends and family took what they could of my hurt and gave me back their love to lean on.

I worked it out finally when I got over being mad at God and he sent me comfort for my heart. You learn again about the Divine Love.The knowing that we live came back to lift me up. I worked through that and I am moving on.

So if someone has a love for you, just remember this, you only transfer out what is in YOUR heart to give. We chose very carefully what to share with whom while we are here.

If some one chooses you to love it always shows that they feel in their heart it is safe to give it to you. It also shows they still have love in their heart to share.

When you trust in the love of someone, you believe that they will love you whatever comes. You can bring them your hurt and your anger and frustrations and know that they will love you, no matter what you transfer to them.

That trust can be given, sometimes, not even knowing it has been until you realize you keep taking the truth of what is in your heart to your friend.

Where you feel safe in someone's love you can share what you truely feel knowing that their love won't change because of a bad moment or a bad day. You can transfer your hurts and grief and pain to those that love you. You know they won't stop, even when you hurt them.

They will take what they can for you and lighten your load. The love doesn't stop because of hard times. When you love truely deeply some times you even come back to love again where trust has been broken. Love is amazing and strong and life itself is built on it's power. We all need it and few even find it once.

I felt so badly for my friend thinking that the speaker was right and it couldn't be love for him. All I could say is "Time always brings out the truth".

Time is so precious here I hate to tell anyone to wait for anything. I always say just go for it. He is very worth loving from what I see, I told him that, too.

He transferred some of his hurt in that to me. I took it and it made me angry that he had to feel that. I couldn't say anything to change what he is working through and he is too far away to offer him even a hug of comfort, but I offered what I could.

But once again I say to you all, thank you for letting me transfer my hurts and joys here with you. Everything is easier or more fun when you share!

Comments: 4 Comments:
At 12/7/07 10:35 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I heard you.

 
At 12/7/07 1:08 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thanks for listening again, Anvil.

 
At 14/7/07 10:19 AM, Blogger Jean said...

This made my heart smile.

 
At 14/7/07 8:45 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

One smile is worth a thousand rants!

Thank you Jean!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home