6/05/2007

I won't go hunting with you Jake but I'll go chasin wimin

I think this journal is on hold. I am down to mowing the lawn today until I am out of gas and then going to work with the kids on their guitars at Mom's church tonight. It just doesn't seem very exciting.

There is still a lot of thrill watching the blessings come to Jeanette for her home. I see them all around me and take joy in my days of green trees and sunshine. Life is good and the kids are all doing well and the house is good and even the money is ok for now. I feel glad that I can have time with the family and friends that I will have this week.

My heart is dealing with no one to ride with and nobody to go out and fish or swim with still. I find that I have let the mate go his way but the hole of companionship gapes beside me as I go through my days. I want another partner but fear of getting the wrong one keeps me from trying to meet anyone. I go places and do things with others but don't reach out to get to know them better than just at what we are doing.

I can't see that my seeking a companion is anything you will wait with eager eyes to read each day. Pretty much if you don't have a friend to spend your days with you search for one. It's life. We are meant to be drawn together in couples, families, groups, teams and we all seek that.

I am trying to get my experience with death written more fully and shared. I think that I can stand here and say "you don't die" can comfort others here. It's really all the New Testament is about, I just got to experience it myself. It's taking time and thought from the blog.

I hate to think of losing you all but I can't see that I am going to be able to keep this up and have a life outside - like mowing the yard.

I will be about and posting sometimes. I will read when I can of your lives that have become dear to me, even Grampa Anvil's Smuge blog! (Ha, Anvil!). I don't watch TV and always thought soaps were for those with no mind but you have become my little soaps and I won't stop checking in with you.

I just have to see that I am not racing to the machine to share things with you right now and I feel like it's not fair to only post boring crap. I think I will be back in the bad weather of the seasons. It's just to nice out to stay inside and online.

Hugs to you all - enjoy your day.

Comments: 6 Comments:
At 8/6/07 5:25 PM, Blogger Cyrus said...

Hi Val,

Well...here we are on the same wavelength yet again. I think I'm taking a bit of a hiatus as well, just because I'm so busy with real life that my blog life has become an added pressure.

So...like you I'll be checking in when I can...and we'll catch up around the next equinox?

 
At 9/6/07 9:52 AM, Blogger Jean said...

Life moves on, eh, dear friend?
You are in my thoughts, as always.

Enjoy the beautiful outdoors and I hope someone finds you soon.

 
At 11/6/07 1:31 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Yes, cyrus, we have to work while it is day, ya know -

Hey Jean, my other friend, Thank you so much for the kind thought. Think that for me about a hundred times a minute!

500 days was too many to be alone, thank Heaven I had family and friends to help.

 
At 11/6/07 3:42 PM, Blogger Debra said...

Oh Val... All my favorite bloggers seem to be leaving at once...sigh... but I do understand, especially since I felt similarly just last week about my own blog. :) But I hate to not have you be here when I come over.... and for the record, I, for one, would be very interested in any adventures you had with finding a companion! A friend of mine, a single mom, has been searching for one and I have loved sharing the search with her. I think it's the difference in our lives which makes hers so interesting to listen to. Does that make sense? And I believe that's why I've enjoyed your blog so much, too, because our lives are very different, yours is a million times more interesting than mine and you write about yours so very well.

So I guess I'm just saying I hope you will come back each chance you have.... and remember, you're a real person to the rest of us and we would miss you too much if you didn't return... Blessings, Debra

 
At 15/6/07 9:21 AM, Blogger dan said...

It's one of the great ironies of life we all need to let people in so much, but that gives them the ability to hurt us worse.

You're brave enough, if that's what you need. And you know the mate would only want to see you be happy and well.

Besides... you have all of us! Even if, well, I don't fish because I don't eat them and that would be wasteful. :)

 
At 15/6/07 11:42 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

DAN!!

You are one of the special ones here.

I am not gone forever, just living outside the computer.

I worry when you are quiet so long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home