6/22/2007

I don't know why I love you like I do

This is for my friend at "As I See it", I thought it would bring her a smile.

I am always saying "But -God! like - you can't mean me to do THAT!

so today I searched "but God"

I weeded a few that were too situation specific and this is the rest.

Genesis 31:7 but God did not allow him to hurt me.

Genesis 45:8 So now it was not you who sent me here, but God;

Genesis 48:21 but God will be with you

Genesis 50:20 but God meant it for good

Genesis 50:24 But God will surely visit you

Exodus 13:18 But God led the people around by way of the wilderness

Job 5:15 But God saves [the fatherless] from the sword of their mouth,

Job 34:5 but God has taken away my right;

Psalm 49:15 But God will redeem me

Psalm 64:7 But God will shoot an unexpected arrow at them

Psalm 68:21 But God will shatter the heads of His enemies

Psalm 73:26 but God is the Rock and firm Strength of my heart and my Portion forever.

Psalm 75:7 But God is the Judge! He puts down one and lifts up another.

Psalm 78:52 But [God] led His own people forth like sheep and guided them [with a shepherd's care] like a flock in the wilderness.

Ecclesiastes 3:11 but God alone can satisfy,

Isaiah 17:13 -but [God] will rebuke them

Luke 5:21 Who can forgive sins but God alone?

Luke 16:15 but God knows your hearts.

Acts 2:24 But God raised Him up

Acts 7:9 but God was with him,

Acts 10:28 but God has shown and taught me by words that I should not call any human being common or unhallowed or [ceremonially] unclean.

Romans 5:8 But God shows and clearly proves His love for us by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) died* for us. (*lives I say)

1 Corinthians 3:6 but God all the while was making it grow and He gave the increase.

1 Corinthians 7:15 But God has called us to peace.

1 Corinthians 10:13 But God is faithful [to His Word and to His compassionate nature], and He [can be trusted]

1 Corinthians 15:38 But God gives to it the body that He plans and sees fit

2 Corinthians 7:6 But God, Who comforts and encourages and refreshes and cheers the depressed and the sinking,

Ephesians 2:4 But God--so rich is He in His mercy! Because of and in order to satisfy the great and wonderful and intense love with which He loved us

Philippians 2:27 But God had compassion on him

1 Thessalonians 4:8 but God, Whose very Spirit that He gives to you is holy (chaste, pure).

There you go friend, "but" that....LOL!

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 27/6/07 11:23 AM, Blogger Debra said...

Oh Val, I love it! (Sorry it took me about a hundred years to get over here...sigh...don't ask...). But anyway, what an amazing thing--to put all those verses together in one place--what a picture they bring--and a better understanding of God and how He works! Again, I loved it and I appreciate so much the mention of 'friend'... Really, I do... Blessings, Debra

 
At 27/6/07 12:44 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Believe me, it was my pleasure and I am touched at your high praise.

hugs to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home