6/15/2007

Take me in your arms and hold me

like I've been holding you in my dreams.....

Did you ever go to bed with your partner and have a really bad dream? The kind where you are struggling to breathe and can't run and can't beat off the monsters?

Did you ever get woken up by a man in pain from where you have kicked him and hit him and driven him from the bed? Did you leave bruises on his innocent body?

You are crying and he is hurt and hollering. You were only dreaming but you really hurt the one you cared about most. And you thought you were going to die in the dream, you wanted to hurt the monsters.

Does he forgive you and comfort you or does he take his blanket and go sleep on the couch in a huff leaving you to work out your fear alone?

It depends on the man and his love for you.

It feels like I just woke up from one bad dream and fell back asleep into another one then woke up flailing at monsters again.

There is no one here but me.

It was only a dream.

Comments: 6 Comments:
At 15/6/07 10:39 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Dreams can be scary in their apparent realness... hope you ended up with peaceful rest.

 
At 16/6/07 7:02 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I was awake the whole time.

I thought I was awake.

It was life I dreamed through,

life I woke up into again.

But I thought I was living

I guess it is just too hard

to explain.

 
At 22/6/07 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just me.. ICE.. I've been reading and reading and reading.. like I always do, but felt I should stop today and say HI!!

When are you writing a book?? You really should my friend! Still playing spades? I haven't been over there in ages and it's time as there is so much crap going on in my life right now.. I need a "release" (so to speak).. Let me know if you get a chance.. penny39_58@yahool.com

I hope you are well.. seriously...

 
At 22/6/07 11:20 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

ICE!!!

HUGS!!!!

See the email!

 
At 26/6/07 7:00 PM, Blogger Kira said...

I have never lashed out at Alex while sleeping, but I've had bad enough dreams in the past to whimper, and then he would wake me up instantly and hold me...it was rather nice. Conversely, with my ex, he had a bad dream once and slugged me. He was so upset when he came to, with me crying and him wanting to cry for hurting me. That was when we were quite young, but we both still remember it. Many years past our separation, he still will apologize for it if it is brought up, but I forgave him long ago. It is not the unconscious things that bother me but the conscious.

 
At 27/6/07 10:34 AM, Blogger dan said...

I've lashed out, but only because I'm a thrasher when I sleep. it comes from an overactive mind and not sleeping too well. Which also means I rarely dream since I rarely am in that particular sleep cycle.

I have, on many occasions, been woken up to comfort someone from a dream. Sometimes, you feel like you live whatever you dream; and because it comes from you, it takes on things that get you.

It's you using you against you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home