5/31/2007

Dreamin', I must be dreamin'

or am I really lying here with you....

Dreams seem to be making the rounds in the family and I am so glad to have mine to add to the pile.

Did you ever have one of those dreams where some one you miss that has gone on ahead was with you? Scooter Girl put it well, "Not like you are dreaming of them but like they are IN your dream with you."

She dreamed she was with some people at a park and her Daddy was at the over by the trees. She saw him and ran to him to get a big hug. A hug where the arms feel real. She said he looked really good, his hair was longer but not past his collar and he was healthy and strong. She asked what he was doing there and he said he had to help her mom with something but she was ok now. He just wanted to see her and tell her he loved her but he had to go.

She woke up so happy to have seen him. Then her Mom called. She was crying and upset. She had hit an icy patch on the way to work and was heading into the traffic. A car was coming right at her and she just knew they were going to crash.

She had no control on the ice, "Then the car just went over into the ditch." She didn't even need a tow. Nothing was broken but she doesn't know why the car went in the ditch. She drove out and turned around for home then called the girl who was crying now.

When her mom tried to apologize for upsetting her the girl protested, "No, you don't understand! I had this dream.... She told her mom the dream. They were both crying and happy and upset all at the same time.

I have had my dreams of him "being" in my dream with me. I think it is real, just a different place where we can be together. The girl is so comforted by knowing her Daddy still cares for her, as are all of us that were loved by him. It makes me feel a little less crazy when it happens for someone besides just me. I was pleased to hear of this event.

Why would you want to cling to "death" when you can see life is there, just different?

I also like to think that a hero will continue to be a hero wherever he finds himself.

********************
Tuesday was surprise day. It was the Sis's bday and that means strawberries and ice cream for Bible Study. Shy Lady couldn't make it. Jeanette did join us for a bit at the beginning and then at the end. We had a spontaineous sing along of old gospel songs. It was rousing full of fun and love if not properly performed. Mom did finally leave anyway. We just need a key we can all hit and it will be better. Then I have to transpose all the music. LOL! Who knows when that will happen?

The real surprise of the day is the boss laid me off again just when I was thinking I was finally back in the swing of things. Maybe only for ten days but I had a pouty, nobody loves me minute because I can't even put in for vacation pay. He doesn't have it.

It's a good thing I am being looked after by someone who really loves me! I'll take all the prayer I can get right now.

******************************
The holiday was great. I had time with friends, music, laughter, fun and family. All of it with a quiet joy in me that has yet to leave me. I could wish it for all of you!

Later

Comments: 5 Comments:
At 2/6/07 10:42 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Sorry about the layoff. It must be tough to accept and deal with.

 
At 2/6/07 4:22 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

You just go on. It's been difficult with just one income though and the boss seems to think I can live on nothing forever.

Thinking it's time to look for work.

 
At 3/6/07 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A woman I used to work with once told me about a dream similar to the one you described. It's kind of freaky and comforting at the same time to think about. But it's kind of nice to know that our loved ones are still looking out for us even after they're gone. :-)

 
At 3/6/07 6:02 PM, Blogger Jean said...

*goose bumps*... I just, not even one hour ago, posted about a dream!

Sorry about the job again, Val.
Sending good thoughts for a good solution...

 
At 5/6/07 12:50 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Back at the NDE I claim you don't die you just change.

I stand by that still but it is nice to see someone else verify it. Good to have your link back Ananke.

Hey Jean, we really do walk closely in heart. Hugs to you, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home