5/13/2007

Stop the world and let me off

Off is what I a getting, probably not quite according to plan but gently. I have made the tenth day on the kidey/colon flush and I have to say it was mostly easy. I had times I wanted to eat but never badly. These guys don't like dairy but I do and giving up the milk and cheese was difficult for me. Aside from Tuesday's slip on Friday night I had a dozen grapes and about half a cup of cottage cheese. I was really craving the dairy. I made it through Saturday and anticipate no trouble finishing up tonight.

I am going to go "normal" for three days, but stick to mostly fresh foods, to see how I feel and give myself a break. The plan is to do a three day repeat of this diet and then, next Sunday, I will start the grape diet. Why? It's supposed to cure cancers. I have a friend with breast cancer and I have a melanoma myself. I want to see what happens and I don't do rats so I will just have to try it and see how it works.

I don't expect to do five weeks on it, as reccommended. I will give it ten days on and three days off then see how I feel. I don't like denying myself - in fact I don't diet. Not that it would be a bad thing but I figure if it isn't easy it isn't me. Most dieting is some form of heavy math and torment.

This flush has been mostly easy. I thing of squeezing lemons by hand has a form of bust exercise so even that was beneficial. Yesterday I walked all over town, slowly but walking, without losing my wind. I tired out sooner than I would have liked but much later than I used to.

All in all I feel better, my gut is softer, I have more energy and I didn't suffer serious hunger pangs, just a desire to put food in my mouth. I don't know if I lost any weight because I don't own a scale. I don't think I lost much more than water weight. I could be wrong.

Below is the proper proceedure to go off the flush.

FIRST DAY:
Several 8 oz. Glasses of fresh orange juice as desired during the day.
Drink it slowly.
SECOND DAY:
Drink several 8 oz. Glasses of orange juice during the day-with extra water, if needed. Some time during the afternoon, prepare a vegetable soup (no canned soup) as follows:
RECIPE FOR VEGETABLE SOUP
Use several kinds of vegetables, perhaps one or two kinds of legumes, potatoes, celery, carrots, green vegetable tops, onion, etc. Dehydrated vegetables or vegetable soup powders may be added for extra flavor. Okra or okra powder, chili, curry, cayenne (red pepper), tomatoes, green peppers, and zucchini squash may be included to good advantage. Brown rice may be used, but no meat or meat stock. Other spices may be added (delicately) for flavor. Use salt delicately as a limited amount of salt is necessary. Learn to enjoy the natural flavor of the vegetables. The less cooking the better.
Have this soup for the evening meal using the broth mostly, although some of the vegetables may be eaten. Rye wafers may be eaten sparingly with the soup, but no bread or crackers.
THIRD DAY:
Drink orange juice in the morning. At noon have some more soup: enough may be made the night before and put in the refrigerator. For the evening meal eat whatever is desired in the from of vegetables, salads, or fruit. No meat, fish, or eggs; no bread, pastries, tea coffee, or milk. Milk is highly mucus-forming and tends to develop toxins throughout the body.

(Link goes to the site I got the info from)(Milk, being a predigested food, has been known to cause various complications in the stomach and colon, such as cramps and convulsions. The calcium in milk is difficult to assimilate and may cause toxins in the form of rheumatic fever, arthritis, neuritis, and bursitis. The resulting lack of proper digestion and assimilation of the calcium allows it to go into the blood stream in a free form and it is deposited in the tissues, cells, and joints where it can cause intense pain and suffering.)

FOURTH DAY:
Normal eating may be resumed, but best health will be retained if the morning meal consists of our type of lemonade or fruit juice: and, of course, if a strictly fruit, vegetable, seed and berry diet is followed. If, after eating is resumed, distress or gas occurs, it is suggested that the lemonade diet be continued for several more days until the system is ready for food.
Recap of the steps to be taken in the diet.