5/06/2007

Like a bridge over troubled water

I made it to Sunday on the flush. I have fine tuned the saltwater to one and a half rounded teaspoons to three cups of water. More just hurts my stomach. I have the luxury of my sister's home made maple syrup and I got her "dark" batch. It got a little smoked and has a distinct flavor that adds to the tartness of the lemon juice nicely.

I have not been hungry. In fact, my tummy growled for the first time this morning. I gave it a glass of lemon juice and maple syrup and it shut right up. When I went out Saturday I claimed "designated driver" status and drank hot tea with heavy lemon for the evening. I don't think it messed me up to substitute as long as I stayed off any sugar or food.

The truth is that when Jeanette made herself some breakfast this morning I couldn't wait to open the windows and air the house. The bacon fat and grease just gagged me. That was a first.

For those interested in the nitty gritty - I haven't eaten since I split the fresh asparagus with Jeanette on Friday night and that was all I had that day but juices and coffee with milk. It's almost eight on Sunday night and I am not hungry or tormented with cravings for food.

For Kate - LOL I know she guessed wrong - the ulterior motive is that if I keep flushing toxins out of my system I will stop wanting to put them back it. It seems to have worked for the bacon grease so far but is only helping a little with my desire to be smoke free.

I could not be shamed into quitting and I refused to be legislated into stopping but I am being "curioused" into putting cigarettes behind me. I wonder, if I am this strange now, what am I like with full oxygen to the turbos of my mind? I want to know me as I was when I was young. I want a body I can safely ignore as it heals itself and goes where ever I point it with out any more attention than necessary.

With my body functioning as it should and no bad habits to slow me down......wow. I may have been Einstein's sister all along and didn't know it!

I don't know when I will be able to leave the house without the panic attack of "where's my lighter!" and such but I am reaching for it.

And Anvil, my friend, the flush - done properly - seems to be easy. I just can't count less than one cup of asparagus as food so I am crediting myself with three days and no solids and a full 48 hours on the flush with no hunger or other food cravings. It's way easy to do this part so far. See me on day eight for an update.

The hour in the morning and evening when you have to wait for the saltwater to slide through is just that - time consuming. Since I cut it down to fit me I have not had the cramps or pain from it. Waiting to see when it will hit is the gamble. Will I be done before I have to leave for work or will I have to drive really fast to get there? can make the morning interesting.

Comments: 4 Comments:
At 7/5/07 12:42 PM, Blogger dan said...

I've never found that I was very successful at doing anything I didn't work at doing for my own reasons.

Kudos on trying to take charge of yourself. :)

 
At 7/5/07 10:43 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Passion, Dan, it's the love and passion you put into it..we just aren't used to putting that into ourselves.

Why ever not? !!

Glad you are still around.

 
At 11/5/07 9:57 PM, Blogger Cyrus said...

Wow! That's great! Man, can I relate to your refusal to be shamed into quitting. I had a love affair with cigarettes for most of my life. Then, a little over a year ago, I just got sick of feeling unhealthy, and quit. It really sucked for a couple of weeks, but, I can tell you honestly, I never think about them anymore at all, and the changes that come about as your body and mind heal from the years of toxic abuse are just amazing. I actually feel more focused and more in touch without my mind clouded with a constant lack of oxygen.

 
At 13/5/07 9:11 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thanks Cyrus! I will keep that in mind. It means a lot to be encouraged by you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home