5/08/2007

Watching the river flow

So - I am not dead and I am still food free today. I had a little slip up Tuesday night when the mom showed up bearing spinach dip. I know they say you have to prepare your body to go back on solids with this diet. Silly me, I thought they meant just everyone else, not ME!

I had some dip and crackers, some grapes and cottage cheese and one skinny piece of deli ham rolled with a piece of fine sliced baby swiss. They all tasted great. I chewed carefully to try and stretch it out and savor it as I had no intention of quitting the flush for one little lapse. That stuff sat in my stomache like lead balls and for all I can say it's there still. I might have savored the flavor but I didn't relish the results. BLAH!

I bloated and burped and blatted and it was just no fun at all. As soon as they all left I did my evening salt water flush and even that just sank right through it and out the other end. So much for cheating. I will just have to settle for sniffing for a few more days and then get the system up and running right before I load it up again.

I entered day five a little more aware of what I was doing. Not enough aware, however, to wake up in time for work today. We had a late night storm. My body loves them. Something in the ion activity makes me edgy before one and then I can sleep like a bear in winter after the first charge of electricity passes. I did. Luckily this village has a rep for losing it's power in any storm, no matter how small, that lets me just shrug and say, "Storm last night." as I pass the boss on the way in. It saves on him getting cranky.

We have been in James for our Bible study. It's going pretty quickly, for us. Where he talks about not respecting persons, "And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:"

I stopped tonight to drop off some clothes and a couch cover at a little store in the town where I work. While I was there visiting and asking for prayers for a friend and taking requests there were five or six boys running in and out and hanging with their boards on the sidewalk. Having worked in retail I started right away watching them for shop lifting. Respect for persons rang in my head on the way home and I realized I had been tricked again into stereotyping a human. I really don't like it when I do that.

Why would I expect negative behavior from them first? Experience? Social judgement? Not good enough. You see what you expect to see. I have been one to always look deeper than the surface of a person but time and again I fear others and go negative. I get negative, they then appear to me as negative and there ya go - we are in a negative cycle.

They were just bored boys playing around the only place in town they could go in and get a treat. One came in and got a broom that he took to someone, his mom or whoever, then came back. I like kids that age. They are full of disinformation and misconceptions that are fun to educate them on. If I had just stayed positive it would have been fun to get to know them.

There is a lot lately that is getting left off the blog. I have so much in my days that brings me joy and calm and then it flips and I am in a pity party again. Today it has been 21 years since the mate moved in with me. Tomorrow is the Eldest Daughter's birthday. The #1son is over his surgury and back at work. Best Girl is doing fine and the grands are still in school. Scooter Girl and her family are getting ready to move one town over from where they are. Mom is good.

The Sis has had a rough round the last two weeks. Her husband and a grand son both came off horses. Her man landed hard and face first. He's getting better but he also screwed up an already messed up wrist. In the excitement of his hard landing the other horse decided to lose his load, too, and the grand went off. He was just fine but it left people wondering which way to run first.

Then Cgirl's little girl ended up in the hospital vomiting and lethargic but without meningitis so they don't know what is wrong with her. Cgirl is is eight months into baby production, too. I could tell the Sis was beat last night.

I would like to take the time to offer my Eldest Girl the salutations of the day. May she have the joy and cheer of turning (blank)! It was a good year for me that year. I hope it is for her, too.

There is a storm running through as I type so I have to wind this up and unplug the computer. I am careful of my favorite tool.

Please check out the post below on the Standing Women for Mother's Day. It really seems important to me that we start somewhere to let the world know we do want it to survive for the children to enjoy and begin to find ways to bring it about.

Hugs all and I will be back with a final report on the flush later.

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 11/5/07 8:30 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It doesn't sound to me as though your attitude to the boys was out of line. You didn't seem to be predicting behaviour; it's just that certain situations simply call for heightened vigilance. FWIW (probably nothing) that's my take from afar, anyway.

 
At 11/5/07 12:06 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I think if you look for it you see it. I have to look for the good and loving part of each one I meet. I don't want to "pre-see" people, I want to get to know them.

That fact that they were probably amusing themselves by seeing how much they could stuff in their socks doesn't negate my error in perception.

GGee I am windy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home