3/08/2007

Tea for two, two for tea

I was making a cup of tea this morning, went to grab a bag out of the tin, pealed the string from the tag to unfold it and drop it in my cup and discovered the string was only half as long as usual. It was not long enough to let the bag hit the bottom of my cup and leave the little tag over the edge to pull it out with when it was done steeping.

That woke me up! Now - did I have a problem or not? Was the string defective making the entire bag of no use? Was the bag usable but not the string part? Decisions, decisions.....perception.

Huh, tea bags usually float anyway. No problem. Tea tasted the same. Didn't burn my fingers getting the bag out. Everything was just fine. Excellent.

But the string was too short. This bag was different from all the other ones in that box.

Do you suppose the other tea bags called it "Shorty" or "Gimp"? Did they make it sit alone in the box. Maybe they ignored it.

No matter, I still chose to use the bag with the short string. It's purpose as a tea bag was fully filled. I squeezed it and threw it away as I do all of them when I am done making my tea. I enjoyed the brew it made me and then left for work knowing the spirit of the tea was in me and continuing to work for the good of my body.

Tomorrow I will say it all again. Your spirit is perfect. See that, not the body.

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 8/3/07 8:58 PM, Blogger Lady Prism said...

aaaah'..yes..what an insight...I too need the spirit of a tea...jasmin tea..

 
At 9/3/07 11:21 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thank you for stopping in, nice to meet you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home