2/26/2007

That's the way, uh huh, I like it!

Why do we have reverse psychology?
Any kid, any adult
Adult -"Open the box"
Kid -"NO"
Adult -"Open the box"
Kid -"NO"
Adult -"Open the box"
Kid -"NO"
Adult -"Open the box"
Kid -"NO"
Adult -"OK, NEVER touch this box"
Kid -runs to box and opens it.

Why does this work? We want to do it our way. Why is our way important to us and normally in opposition to authority? The important, respected person gets to do it their way. The lesser person has to defer and feels less important. To do it our way means we are important - more important that the other person.

We can’t conceive of an authority that feels we are so loved and important that if we do things the way we are asked we will feel even more loved and important. Human authority belittles and humiliates.

Judges were to solve disputes. What is there to dispute over if everthing I have is yours and my love for you only wants you to be content and happy? If there is plenty for all and we share it willingly. If we feel rich and blessed we know we are rich and blessed and have enough to share what's to fight about?

Solomon didn’t judge which of the two women was fighting over the baby was a good or better woman and mother. He found a way to determine the truth. Who was the mother? If the other woman was shamed and embarassed in front of her peers it was because she put herself in that position with her lie, not because the judge told her she was a horrible woman. What is horrible about wanting a baby so badly that you would steal one? That is sad, to be pitied, not shamed.

When I went in front of the judge for our bankruptcy he was really upset that my mate didn’t go with me. He had gone to work. We needed the income. He actually said that he was giving us over however much it was in money and it should have been important enough for the mate to be there.

I faced him alone and was hurt, shamed and wanted to cry. He was forgiving us money we couldn’t pay due to a fire and an industrial injury in close succession. One took our home and the other my ability to work. We were only going bankrupt on two debts, all the rest we were still pledged to pay and did. He ignored all those facts to do what he made him feel important.

How hard is it to read a paper and say, "OK, I believe you don’t have any money. Your debts are voided." Not very. To feel important he had to make me feel the weight of his authority, my inability to respond human to human was also voided and I had to respond debtor to judge which meant I could offer no defense. His opinion of me was low and the truth is mine of him was low. Negative all around.

The Divine Love I met does not judge. He only Loves. We judge. We teach it to every child. Stove bad. Stove is not bad - stove is HOT. Hot is not bad. Too hot burns skin. It is dangerous or not safe - not bad. The road is not bad and the car is not bad but the car is big and fast and you are little and soft. It will squish you like a pancake. It is dangerous to play in the road. Plaing in the yard is safer. Not good, Safer. I want you safe.

Fire is not bad, fire is hot and hungry. It eats everything or tries. It also warms us and cooks our food. It keeps animal away. It gives light to see by. It will burn you if you are not careful around it. I want you safe and too close to the fire is not safe for you.

So much that we just cop out and call bad is really just not safe until you understand it. If I say "Mele Kalikemaka" to you and you don’t know what it means it can’t affect you. If someone tells you I just called you the child of a pig you might get angry. When I tell you it means "Merry Christmas" in Hawaian you may feel embarrassed at getting tricked. It was only ignorance of what it meant that left you depending on others to tell you what it meant so you would know how to react.

The power in the words is in our understanding of them. Flim, Flam, Floo has the same power as the worst curse if that is what is in my mind when I say it. Or, it might mean I love you forever. Our minds are the power, not the words. Words only work when they are understood by everyone.

What is understood by everyone is intent. I am trying to communicate. I am trying to inquire. I am in need. Can you help me? This can all be stated with out words. Any traveler to a different country knows it. Anyone who has met a tourist that does not speak their language knows it can be communicated.

Communing. Communicate. It’s not the words we use but the need behind the words. When you hurt you send out hurt, cries for help. When you are happy you send out happy. When you feel loved you send out love.

Into the net of creation today I am sending out love. I have love for my sisters and friends and all my family and I want them to feel it in the way I think of them today.