2/16/2007

Paperwork, it's overrated. I have been watching and trying where I can to help these friends get their "offical" ID back together. Fees, delays, confusion, more charges, and I wonder sometimes why we feel it is so important to "prove" who we are. A photo and a thumb print with a signature should do it. Three to four pieces of paper to prove you are you per person. After a fire that is just not easy to do. It has been a month waiting for one birth certificate to get enough paper together to get a drivers liscense reissued for one girl, ten more days for an out of state liscense to be sent for one of the boys.

It's frustrating at the very least and on top of the confusion and depression from being without a home it's infuriating for some of them. All I can do is keep pointing them to the next step to get to the next office to get the next piece of paper.

Jeanette and I are both looking forward to having the new guy down for dinner Saturday. We have the menu planned and are ready to get on it. She has to do her taxes today. I am checking to see if I have all mine ready to go yet. More paperwork. Humbug.

I am slowly getting the catalogs out for work. It's going better all the time now. I had forgotten how much fun it is to make contact with a new, potential customer and quote our great prices to them. It's getting better every time I do it. The boss will be pleased!

The funds are coming to keep me going, too, where I have invested in the futures of these people. It is a surprise to see how the money gets to me. I like being surprised with more than enough to help them keep going until they get the house back up.

The other day I was feeling a little like, "I don't know if it's going to stretch.." and the young man I was getting funds together for got a phone call from a friend who owed him money! Too cool! I ran him over to pick it up.

I have really been glad for the companionship of Jeanette and the visits of her kids. They are really pulling together to get through this. Even the little guys are doing so much better now that it is easy to see that the parents are feeling better every day.

I have to finish today's projects and get the mail, too. See ya all later!

Comments: 4 Comments:
At 19/2/07 5:13 PM, Blogger Jezzy said...

Sounds like it's going well. You know, it's nice when good things happen when you aren't expecting it - better than expecting it to always be good.

How was dinner on Saturday?

 
At 21/2/07 11:39 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Just stopped by to say hey and let you know I'm thinking of you!

 
At 23/2/07 11:17 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

That is too much paper work! I hope everything is ready now and you are all doing well. Have a great weekend!

 
At 23/2/07 10:10 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I am alive and very well and I always expect good things to happen now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home