10/18/2006

I would be so sweet when all alone I'm dreaming

You would have thought you were dreaming, too, if you watched my friend, KMA, patch, coat and skim the pantry mess, stopping for the excellent dinner, sipping coffee, once I got some made, and cracking wise with the sis all the while. The woman Flies!

I left for work and didn't lock the back door so KMA could get in anytime she got there. Then I realized I had forgotten my smokes and went back, leaving the car running as I didn't need the keys to get in, left the door unlocked again and got to work with no problems.

I got out of work a little early, raced to and through the store for dinner and tore for home. I had to make stuffed pork chops and baked potatoes for my wall fixer! oh, yeah, and for the other four ladies for bible study. But KMA said she loved stuffed pork chops.

I pull in and she is sitting in her car, ticked off as she had to wait 45 minutes for me. ARRGGHH! I left it OPEN! When I get inside something smells good in the oven so I know the sis has been over, worked on house AND made...hmmmm, yup! scalloped potatoes! Then she left and locked the door! Oh well!

KMA got right after the wall and screamed for coffee! I went to put a pot on and the cussed thing wouldn't even turn on! More ARRGH! I poured hot water through it as fast as I could heat it and got the lady her beverage, put away groceries, started the stuffing, got out the pan I needed, and such. The sis got there and we ragged on her about locking out the help. Then I arranged to have a list out for people with what was going on that day so we didn't do it again.

I cooked, they peeled wallpaper, cut tidier edges in the monster holes, I got the saw out, they cut wallboard patches, I cooked some more, Mom got there, I helped her and her scalloped corn in, Sis got out of the way and KMA started taping and filling, the phone rang. It was the window guy wanting to NOT come tomorrow.

That did not sit will with me. I had plumber guy the next day, the sis messing up her day to sit with window guy, a day off work to be with plumber guy and the house close to having the rest of the linolinium laid. We talked, he agreed to come between appointments made AFTER mine and his girl's basketball game. He would return if he was not finished. I was good with that.

We set the table, the Shy Girl got there and I had the food ready just after the second coat. We had Sis's scalloped potatoes, my stuffed pork chops and Mom's corn with store bought cut up fresh fruit. I had a german chocolate cake for dessert and found the friend had been craving one - lucky shot for me! There was, as almost always, ice cream available, too. We even all fit around the square little table. It was a nice meal and everyone got plenty to eat.

Then I was doing dishes, Sis and KMA were wall peeling again and Mom and Shy Girl were handing me dishes. Then Sis, Mom and Shy were studying and I was refilling my friend's coffee and kibitzing while she sped through the nasty mess she was fixing for me. I also ran over and got in some of the study time, I just didn't want KMA to feel ignored.

As per Anvil, my blog buddy, I had thank you cards for them all last night. They showed them around like kids in school. I was touched. We got one break for dessert and then they all started wandering off except for little missy perfection. She's got a thing about doing even a nasty job on an old house right. So she put like five coats of durabond on the things she patched and even touched up the bad spots on the walls. But Mom left her knitting and a CD and the dishes for me! so I bagged them up later to bring her today.

After she left at eleven I moved the table out of the way for the window guy, cleared off sill over the sink for him, too, sanded some on the back room, did the last of the dishes, set up the camp pot to make morning coffee, ran the non-powered sweeper in the living room, got my email, read a bit, wrote the list for the helpers I had promised and went to bed about 2 - then woke at 4 to let the dogs out, and at six to let the dogs out, and at seven to go to work but fell asleep.

The plumber calling to tell me he wasn't coming woke me up again. That wasn't going to wash, I had based the floor guys on the plumber guy and the window guy being done. I got him to reconsider and I was late to work, but he is coming.

I called home and the Sis had everything under control and the window guy was working well. The Best Girl is coming out and I am going to town for new coffee pot I need. Oh, and the new, cheap but smaller, dishes. Come to find out The Kid likes blue stoneware and I have just been looking for an excuse to replace mine, they are too big because that's what the mate liked, and it makes me sad to use them. All the "makes me sad" stuff is out of here, really soon. It's just got to be that way for now.

The latest report from Best Girl is that window guy is boxing the kitchen window and the dining room window is great! One more set of drapes to iron and two rooms all the way done! Yay!

I am off for town. See ya tomorrow!

Comments: 3 Comments:
At 18/10/06 7:08 PM, Blogger Jean said...

I want your vitamins!!...or, whatever it is....geez.

 
At 19/10/06 10:01 AM, Blogger dan said...

Someone has got to come to my house and make me scalloped potatoes.

 
At 20/10/06 8:55 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

LOL, it was a great treat and I had the grated cheese to add to them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home