12/23/2005

Snowflakes that melt on my nose and eyelashes...



...were falling this morning - great, fat, wet ones. I had today off so the Mate and I went shopping for the stocking stuffers and such that we still needed for the holiday.

We finished two pots of coffee, got showered and dressed in our own good time and then headed out to the "real" world.

After hitting the Good Will (cards for money, 4 books) and Walplace (movies, screen saver, shiney things, treats for stockings), both full of procrastinators, we were freaked right out and wired.

He took us to a sit down restaurant for an early dinner. It was just the ticket! Filled with hot food and refreshed by coffee we continued to the last store with a gift card to spend. We had made a list of the last items while we ate (dinner items, milk, birdseed) and got in and out of there like a flash, then ran for home!

Back in our snug harbor we treated the menagerie to holiday snacks with our leftovers from our meals. I made some little photos for the "frame" on the front of each card, then we wrote cards, stuffed them with money for the grands and wrapped gifts.

We enjoyed the original movie of "The Christmas Carol" together later that evening. We both feel that it is the best acted of all the versions. Mate is still sick with the flu I had (have still) and we wrapped it up early. Plus we were wiped out from shopping. I still woke up after an hour or so and blogged this.

Merry Christmas to all!

Comments: 1 Comments:
At 26/12/05 7:54 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Great movie. I missed it this year, for some reason. Of course, I saw It's A Wonderful Life a few times.

I hope you had a great Christmas, Val.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home