5/10/2009

Me Mither sang a song to me

in tones so soft and LLLOOoooooooowwww..

Well, sort of. Singing is just something we always did. And today, leaving after her Mday party, my mom was singing "Bye, Bye, Blackbird" with Sis and I taking lines as she left them. It made me smile. We won't ever be on Lawrence Welk, but we entertain ourselves. Long trips were made shorter with song.

It made my day to see we had made hers good enough that she left singing...

Sis and I decided to continue our newer tradition of going to church with mom on Mday. We got the foster bro set mom up to go to the right church. Last year I went to go to church with her for mother's day and she had switched on me about two weeks before. Well, hmmmm.....

Then we planned a dinner. Then we invited the foster bros and sisters, then our kids....well, you can see where this went. From a quiet party of three moms we got all the way to 14 if you include the mini kids. (and how could you leave them out?)

We went potluck and it was a lucky pot or two that showed up here. We had way too much food. We had live piano music. We had dancers. We had singers. We even had a comedian or three...

I love my family.

and my #1 DIL made my day with her families gift to me of peace roses and candy....I heart her. I only hope she had fun with us. I know her mate was out and may not have been able to gift her right. The little ones are too young yet and I didn't think of it in time, darn me.

The dishes are done, the tables wiped, the food stored away, the coffee finished and I am one whipped pup. So were the sis and Kma, the other sis. But we got 'er done!

The Mom, grama, great grama, is in her 70's and I was concentrating on showing her we loved her. That she left singing makes it all worth it.

*****
I wish my daughter a happy birthday from far away in miles but near in heart...I know she is cleaning up after a party, too. I hope it was as good as ours.
Happy Bday, Eldest Girl! I love you. Party on!

Comments: 4 Comments:
At 12/5/09 6:38 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

A do like that would be music to a mother's ears.

 
At 12/5/09 3:01 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

LOL Anvil! Cute!

 
At 13/5/09 7:39 PM, Blogger Fred said...

You have a wonderful family. It comes out loud and clear in this post.

 
At 16/5/09 12:05 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thanks Fred, I know...

We are survivors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home