4/21/2009

Meet me out tonight, on the open road

Gonna have to update the avatar! Getting another motorcycle. It's still a do-over, but my neice and nephew are making it very affordable for me so I can't turn down my old silverwing! Getting my hair in the wind very soon.

Went to a bday party over at C2son's and had a great time. He has a dog you have to see to believe. It's a harlequin great dane with one eye half blue...wild.

All the little neices and nephews were there, too. When I found out the NIL had a bigger bike now I asked if I could deal on the old one I sold him quite awhile ago. They consulted and made me a deal I can't refuse. Now I have to have a road trip to the almost U.P. to pick up the bike and all it's assorted parts.

Can't hardly wait but the rain is no good for loading and my tie downs are history, need a new set and an extra back for loading. Waiting to see who ends up riding shot gun with me for this event.

But it made me smile and almost dance to think I will be riding again!

Easy is all the way to upstairs and "just the renter" now. That's working out fine. He has a job and is gone days. He's been visiting family weekends. There is no stress between us. It's all good and the little extra money he gives me helps keep the bills all paid.

Have met a few guys on the net but so far no bells or whistles going off. I guess I keep putting it out there because I really do miss having my own partner in my life. I really hope something comes up soon.

But all is okay with the family and I'm going over to see the grandgirl tomorrow and drop off a couple movies I picked up for her. I can't believe I have a 4 yr. old grand that hasn't seen Mary Poppins! I got that fixed, just have to deliver it.

Had a great Easter Dinner over there at #1son and DIL's place. I cooked but they cleaned up. Was great time. Fixed the bird feeder the son and I put up for the grand. The squirrels discovered it but the poor thing couldn't take the weight and the hanger broke. We have it all back up now and they have had a lot of birds there. Little Z really enjoys them and that tickles me. I got my bird watching from my grandma. She will make four gens on the same bird book...

I have to get the garage cleaned out so I can get the bike and the lawn mower in! Later all!

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 22/4/09 4:46 PM, Blogger ICE said...

You sound pretty happy lady!! That's a good sign! :) Makes me smile to think that you are happy about riding again, etc. :)

 
At 24/4/09 7:45 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

ICE!! Thanks for the good wishes, glad you are still around. Who knows? Maybe I'll ride that way someday, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home