11/16/2008

You lay so easy on my mind...

It's been a long time, blog time. Sorry all.

I got my fall flu and it held on three weeks. My computer is acting up. My dial up is pitiful and my computer has decided not to let me online with wifi. There are my excuses.

I have been getting to know the renters better. It's going okay and it still looks like they want the house. If they follow through, well, we'll see.

MoB finished the CD and it will be up shortly. We are waiting for the mp3 sales account to be set up to launch it here. I'll post a link when we do. It's very good. And the single he will be releasing is going to be hot, I think.

I washed out with him, he said he didn't love me but wanted to stay friends. That was in July. We managed it, but I stayed in as partner until his new one arrived from Arkansas. He still needed me in the music. I miss the music between us worse than the companionship.

She was here nine days and they married. He has moved down to be there with her. It put a hole in the CD launch up here and left him without a band until he makes new contacts there. Before he left I got the cover, back and liner notes done for the CD. I will do the websites still, it's what I do, but there's nothing in it for me except knowing I keep my word.

In August I met a man at a yard sale he was having to raise gas money to move out of Michigan. He was down from a woman going back to a man that beat her after he helped her get away from him. His dad is terminally ill, his family, except the sis he was staying with, was across the state and he didn't have many friends where he was yet.

I don't know how I get into these conversations just wandering through a yard sale, but it's not the first time. I wanted to help so I brought Jeanette back to look at his stuff and bought some myself. Then I invited him to the Labor Day party at my other friend's. It's a three day camp out and music fest and we have a great time. We just went over one night and partied around the fire. I sang and he liked my music.

I needed that sump changed out and offered to pay him to do it for me a few weeks later. I threw in dinner and a movie, too. So you see where this is going? He called me and stayed in touch and came over just to talk several times and I was too stupid to see it was because he liked me. I finally caught on just before he left town.....like the NIGHT before he left. I'm so slow sometimes. And he doesn't state his feelings well, he shows them in his actions, not his words. I'm a word person....a slow one.

He's trying to get a job and stay to help take care of his mum, who needs someone to help with chores and such. So I helped him get across the state to her. But I missed him. And he wanted his uncle that plays country music and is from TN to meet me, and his mum...and that's where I am this weekend, across the state.

I'm bumming because I'm across the bridge from Anvil Cloud and was told I need a passport to go over the bridge. That's money I didn't have.

And the first night here, he showed me how he felt about me. I accepted his love and returned it.

I'm not built to be alone. I'm not alone now and I am smiling that "I have something special" smile that woman wear when they are content in their lives as I type this.

I think I'm gonna call him Easy here. He's easy on my heart and easy in his laid back ways. He won't always be Easy to live with, he's a man of strong beliefs and principles and that's gonna make him hard to be with sometimes but they match mine close enough that I can respect them and let him be hard when he has to be.

But he is Easy for me to trust. He's thoughtful and shows he cares by his actions. So please be glad for me and my apologies to all the family that I haven't told about this yet...you'll like him. My life just got easier and I'm loving it.

Comments: 6 Comments:
At 16/11/08 12:04 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I didn't know you needed a passport to get here although we will shortly need one to go there. What this has to do with that day over 7 years ago, I don't know.

Anyway, I'm glad it's going well for you.

 
At 16/11/08 4:45 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I don't either, but thanks for stopping in Anvil.

 
At 17/11/08 9:36 AM, Blogger Cyrus said...

Glad for you? I'm THRILLED for you! Easy is always a nice attribute in a new partner.

 
At 17/11/08 12:21 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I know it is making me smile.

Thank you for letting me know you are still on the planet Cyrus!

 
At 17/11/08 8:05 PM, Blogger Jean said...

If you are happy, anyone who loves you should be happy for you.

Congratulations!
I hope it continues to be...Easy :-)

 
At 18/11/08 3:31 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thanks Jean, I'm so glad to have you check in on me! Stay loving, girlfriend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home