10/16/2008

Where ever you wander, where ever you roam

be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.

But home is where I keep my stuff. I gotta get outta here. I think I took the first step. I took in renters that will be moving in tomorrow. They have the middle garage and the two rooms upstairs. I let them put stuff in the living room, I didn't have much there anyway.

They want to buy the place and we talked about land contracts but I don't think it's going like that. I need to really go - not just half get out from under...We'll have to see how it goes. We put off talking about permenant change until the first 30 days is up.

But things continue to move forward ho around here. The new grand is doing well. I'm told he's a natural entertainer - makes noises even in his sleep. The grand girl is laughing at him a lot.

The #1DIL is doing much better now. She is getting used to being a home mom and healing from her C section. The trucker #1son is keeping his wheels rolling to support them and aside from not enough time home, all is well there.

The Best Girl came over on the mate's bday and spent time helping me get stuff around for the new tenants. We cried a little but agreed that strange things happen on that day for us.

The studio experience has been invaluable for teaching me to hear all of the music, not just the vocals. MoB and Verdict Records tech, TheMan, have a way of hearing things I never even notice. But I am eminently teachable. I love listening to them find the tiny flaws in a track and discuss how best to repair them. I am still reccomending http://www.verdict-records.com to anyone in Michigan's Lansing area for recording. The guy puts his heart in each track but has the skill to make it special every time.

You can hear some of the raw studio cuts at http://www.mobluzband.com , just click the music link and hit one of the green arrows on a player to listen. "Just Wanna Know" is also known as "The song that got me into this mess". I do the back up on it. The mix isn't right yet for balance, the cuts are raw, but it is a good tune.

The nephews, B1son and Cboy2 made a trip over to help me get the upstairs empty and B1son changed out my front brake pads, too. I'm feeling spoiled. Cboy2 took the Mom on a motorcycle ride and stole all the brownie points from everyone for the winter. She loved it.

Jeanette and crew are getting things finally shook down. After getting back into the house her second son had an accident at work and just finally got the back surgury that has let him almost walk again. He is still very limpy but the pain is lessened. Big Amen there.

KMA and I are playing phone tag. I have a couple people checking me out for singing jobs and I need more hours in the day to do my web work for the four sites I am building and the way too many I am doing constant updates for.

So I'm not here much, again, but I love you all! If I wasn't out to the hot spot to do uploads I wouldn't have gotten this posted!

Later gators!

Comments: 3 Comments:
At 19/10/08 12:06 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Whew...it's a whirlwind up there. You are certainly keeping busy!

I went to the website and there were no arrows. I recently downloaded the beta version on Flash 10 to fix a video problem with Firefox - maybe that's the culprit?

 
At 28/10/08 9:57 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Your right Fred, the page is optimized for IE. I would add text links for firefox but it's not secure...

Very sorry. Drop me an email addy and I'll send you another link.

Hugs!

 
At 29/10/08 3:55 PM, Blogger Fred said...

No problem...I use IE, too. I'll head on over again and check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home