8/15/2008

Ch-Ch-Ch..Changes

I'm just a little worn out with all the changes in the lasts two years and a piece.

I didn't make the cut with my friend - and MoB is still my friend - so I'm still looking for a partner, darn it. But it's ok, no meanness, no intentional hurts, it's just not gonna happen.

That was ok but then Thursday I got indefinately laid off - which is Michigan short hand for let go. I've been with the same place ten years. It's gonna be scary on just unemployment and finding a job at my age is tricky at best. Thinking I have to think up a shingle to hang...

But for now everything is the same until the transition to UE income so I'm not gonna sweat it until I have to. I'm going up to the Big City tonight to an open mic with MoB. It's still fun to have a friend to do things with. We'll just have to see what happens next.

But that's all you get right now, gotta get the email while I'm snacking at the wifi place. Later.

Comments: 4 Comments:
At 18/8/08 4:23 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Darn. But, you seem okay with what happened?

Sorry 'bout the job. Ten years is a long time with one company...it's a shame they couldn't give you a break.

 
At 22/8/08 9:04 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

It's okay Fred, I think I have other things to do that may be more important than selling stuff.

Or maybe not, maybe I'll just kick back and write!

 
At 23/8/08 8:32 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Sorry about your job, but you've already proven many times over that you are a survivor.
Something good will find you or you will find it.
And, you still have friends and family...that's always good!

 
At 27/8/08 12:14 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

And I heart you, too, Jean. Thanks for checking in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home