7/25/2008

Gonna sit down in the kitchen

get me something good to eat - not! But that's the line that opens the Friday Song, as it's known here in Mid MI. And it's Friday.

I can't get out early today and so I will be flying to get get cleaned up, load the stuff I need and get up to the gig tonight. For all of you "real and here" people that read - come on out to Westwood on the Crossing tonight. It's just off the Beltline about two miles west on West River Drive. The address is Belmont, for us that's North GR. Really need the crowd and honest, the music is great - the recordings are pitiful.

Studio time soon! I don't know how but it keeps coming around - almost - then falling off the map. They need it. The CD will sell, even if it's only to locals, it's a start.

And me? I busted butt on the yard, the drive, the patio and then ran out of string on the weed whacker, gas in the mower and can't find my hedge trimmer, the Bad Boy brother has my chain saw and so there is still much to do. But I got it started. Best Girl has been bailing for me but sometimes you just have to knuckle down and do it - like when you forget to write out a check for over a hundred bucks and can't figure out why the numbers don't match in the check book.....

Crap. So I stuck close to home this week and did the chores. The dogs love me for it. And I love the way it looks with the leaves scraped off the cement and the patio cleared of the greenery that didn't really belong there. Now I just have to have a big burn and get the stuff out of the upstairs, porch and garage that needs to be used for some weenies and smores.

There's always more to do. And I'm still getting the tunes from practice and the last live recordings sorted out. The hours are hard to find. Oh yeah, and I forgot to print business cards last night so I'm gonna have to run home and do some tonight before I leave - good thing the printer can run while I'm in the shower.......

Flying by and saying hi to ya'll!

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 25/7/08 3:05 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Hope the action picks up soon. You sound bored. :)

 
At 29/7/08 9:07 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Aren't you the funny man today!

Hugs Anvil!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home