11/18/2008

Hey it's good to be Back Home, again

I'm here. I made it by the asbestos on the new front brakes. Coming back from Easy's in the first real snow was too exciting for me. Somebody didn't make it home safe right in front of me and I almost slid into the whole mess of four or five cars in my lane before the (blessed!)brakes stopped me.

In my stick shift it's usually enough to kick in the clutch and step down through the gears - last night it wasn't. I locked 'em up and prayed. I stopped - and the semi behind me I was prayin for, too, stopped before I was a hood ornament.

Other than than bad rush and a few spots of very low visibility I made it home okay. Dogs were fine, renters were good, house okay and when I called to check in Easy and Ma were just getting ready to crash.

So I'm back. I'm resting up today and tomorrow I'm doing errands and visits. Gonna be a good bible study tonight.

And Eldest Daughter gets brownie points for making my Mom happy today and lifting her heart. #1DIL for hanging in there through the changes. Best Girl for being there when I need her and Scooter Girl for her caring ways.

Go team! I love you all. And to the cousin up north - YAY! Have another good day!

I'm waiting to see what happens next. I'm willing to be surprised and I'm loving the way things come together just when I think they are falling apart.

Life is good.