7/14/2008

I hear Even Cowgirls get the blues

Had a good time at the rodeo. The staff there was very good and the volunteer rodies were amazing. They had us on a trailer that just barely cleared the gates. Those cowboys just picked us up and slid us over until we fit through it - wagon and all!


Musically we can do better but we did just fine, really. I'm always my most critical critic. I think I was a little lost being so far from my people like that. I'm used to working accoustic and close up. It was a long ways to the grand stand. Those we spoke with said it was okay. MoB got paid alright so it must have suited them.


Itty girl came along and got to ride on the wagon with us. I let her use my camera for the day. She had fun on the rides and getting a few prizes along with the fair food after we got done. We stayed until they closed so she could enjoy the fair.


Sunday we grilled out for the band rehersal. I handled the cooking a clean up so they could do that band bonding thing. It worked out well. MoB had a new song for them. They liked the bridge riff he worked out in it. The drummer had to leave early but the guitars have things they can work on without him so they stayed and pushed together some vocal harmonies and fancy licks.


It was great stuff. I had the recorder running and they built a song from a jam they started. I just have to dig it out and get the lyrics to them for polishing up.

The weekend ended. That's always the hard part for me. There just isn't enough budget for me to be there all week yet. The house is always emptier when I have been with friends. But I have so much to work on that the hours aren't wasted. I'd be ignoring people or not getting the projects done if I was up there all the time - so it's not all bad...

They are playing at Woody's in Bitely again this Saturday, for any of you in MI that might wanna catch some good blues and great food. It's a nice place. See the website on the sidebar to get the flyer. Check out the new myspace page for the band to hear some tunes. http://myspace.com/mobluzband

I went to the (I hate big stores!) a big store to get some photos printed and ran into a friend I had planned on stopping to see. We got caught up with each other and admired our photos. Saved me a trip, too.

Dropped off some stuff for the band and the drummer came over to show me his Harley, that was fun. It's a sweet looking ride.

Then home again, the hard part, again. But I'm making it and I'm busy and it's fun still.

See ya all around!

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 19/7/08 3:00 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Busy and fun is good.

Thanks for reminding me that there's music posted. I think I knew that...but at my age I'm pretty forgetful.

Imagine, getting paid for having fun. What a concept!

 
At 21/7/08 3:24 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I know - the first time I got money for singin I was floored!

Wow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home