5/14/2008

one is the lonliest number

sometimes. Sometimes it's the only way to go. Right now, I'm good. But there are times that having no back up around the house gets hard. Not just for me, but for all the singles I know.

Last night was Bible Study but the Mom has gone to Florida and it was just me and Sis. Shy Girl and her mate have a new one on Thursday that they can go to together so we don't see her much. Gloomy Guy has been too depressed to move much, I keep hoping he will find work, it's what he needs - to feel productive again. Jeanette is on second shift and I can't catch her hardly at all. The kids (hers) have helped me out and I have visted with them a couple times, but I don't see her very often. So, anyway, Sis and I burned dinner together and talked. We did study but it was on the verses I have been in, not our "regular chapter" the Mom is leading us through.

Mobluz's mechanic sent his car back with no fix; No parts, not meaness. I was going to call and see about taking it to my bud's place but he called me, just before we got done "studying". I arranged to borrow his car and leave my truck with him last night. I can at least let the kids look at it and give me their opinion on what is wrong with it.

I'm not braggin, just wanting to say that I recognize I am a functioning, caring human again when two years ago I was an empty body missing it's spirit with no concept of living without the one I had loved and who had loved me for so long.

Now I have seen others walking with no back up and find that it's easy for me to want to fill the gap when I can, the way I hope to have it filled for me again, someday. It's hard to manage a house, job and life with only two hands. I have the strength to reach out to others because of those who reached out to me when I was so down.

When we help each other out, we multiply the caring hearts in the world, give each other hope and divide the difficulties in half. It's not a bad way to live, caring about each other.

So many of my people, including you blogger friends ,are caring and giving people. It shows in their lives and your writing. I think I just wanted to say thank you. By sharing with me you lift my load a little. By caring about me you let me know I am not alone, just by myself right now.

You are a great bunch! From the kids (my five), the family and my friends to my virtual friends I receive an invisible but tangible support that keeps me, not just moving, but, caring about others enough to lend an hand, not just need one.

I am blessed. May all of your days be good ones!

Comments: 4 Comments:
At 14/5/08 12:28 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yes, I can believe that it is very difficult to be managing on your own. You have family and friends which help a lot, but it's not the same, eh?

 
At 14/5/08 3:37 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

They all have lives, thank goodness, so can't be here every day like the mate was.

It makes a difference.

Hug Cuppa for me tonight.

 
At 16/5/08 11:24 PM, Blogger Fred said...

You should brag, Val. You've navigated one of the most difficult journeys in life without a map in hand.

I'm so glad you're still blogging.

 
At 19/5/08 3:14 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Braggin ain't my style (much or often) Fred, but I'm haning on.

I just want people to see that you can have a life, not just live, after a loss.

I'm gonna get one if it kills me!

(humor)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home