4/16/2008

I've got the music in me

Monday I was whupped. I made it in to work and thru work on three hours sleep and, once again, recalled that I am not twenty something anymore. I went home thinking I would crash early but got into a long and interesting phone conversation with Moblu, one of the guitiar players I met Saturday. We kept me up until eleven....it was more fun than sleeping!

I had a good day at work and went home to prep for bible study. Only I didn't. It's a good thing they all know their way around my kitchen. Sis was cooking and came in to find me still on the phone. I called for a Gloomy Guy report. My friend got his apartment! That was good news! He wasn't going to make it to bible study but I will probably see him Thursday to deliver some furniture for him. That's two on the three item list he needed, vehicle, place, now we have to pray up some work for him. I was glad to have good news to share with everyone.

Then Shy Girl rang me up and she was coming over, too! She and her mate had a new study group and we hadn't seen her for awhile. She had really good news for us on their situation and I was just tickled for them.

My new pal, Moblu, had told me of a project for a little girl next door to him that I had really felt moved to help with. When we all got settled down for dinner Mom was celebrating how well things were going for her. I asked if she had any tithe money left for the week. She faltered on that one and asked how much. I gave her a number and she maybe she could dig it up. Just then Shy Girl came in. I got up to greet her and, while she hugged me, she slipped me a tithe.

It was the amount I asked for and gas money enough for two trips where it had to be taken! I love being a distribution point.

Later I told Mom never mind, I had what I needed. We had a good study time after all the good news at dinner and I got them out the door, grabbed my electric guitiar, packed up the goodies I had to share and the pocketed the tithe and booked.

It was so much fun to have somewhere to go and someone to see that was glad to see me coming! I got my stuff to the door and was welcomed after the volumn dropped enough that my knock could be heard.

Moblu was surprised by the bag of goodies and resources for his project. I told him of how they came to me that night. I don't really know what he thought of it all but we left it lay and went on to teaching me to play back up on his new song. That was FUN! It's a great tune with lyrics I can totally feel are real. Maybe next time the bass player will be there.

I love being able to "poof" good things for people who care about others. It's not me doing it, I just get the delivery made.

I know it's "just not done". Meet person, give to person what you see is needed. There's supposed to be a time thing in there for getting accquainted. But the things I saw as needed for him to help the little girl came to me. I just passed them on. I won't wait for later. I never know how far away that is. I could have bought the farm Sunday night on the way home. I do it now.

He was still a little tense later as we said good bye but we were trying some new things and neither of us is quite sure where it's going. We really enjoy each other's company and the music we can share between us. It was a great time. I got out of there just a little after tomorrow arrived. I got home in time to get enough rest for today.

It sure beat sitting home alone! We are maybe doing the jam on Saturday together. I'm looking forward again. Not back. I even whistled yesterday.

It feels like I have made a friend I can be there for and who will be there for me. I have some of them and treasure them but this one is standing where I am, we have hurts in common. It comes out in the music for both of us so the "making friends" part whooshed by a little quickly. We are already to the having fun part.

I so needed a friend to play with. This has been a great time. And it was all because I met another person who had a need I could meet, taking the items I had for his auction. This was a fun story to share. I so needed to have some fun.

Thanks for listening.

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 16/4/08 3:45 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm glad that your cup is full.

 
At 17/4/08 8:27 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

My cup has been running over again and the voice of the water is joyful.

I'm enjoying while I have it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home