4/21/2008

Throw ya in jail for havin too much fun!

Wow! I had so much fun I almost feel like I have a real life again instead of just reporting for duty because I'm still here. It's so good to have some zing in my spirit again!

I got my deliveries made. Gloomy Guy has some furniture and someone got a bike. The rest of my deliveries were just me being available for fun. They worked!

My Thursday jam session at Mobluz's turned into a Harley head gasket replacement class. One of his friends blew it out right nearby and ended up at his place. MoBluz helped with chili and ribs.

I didn't have to drive so I got a little schnapps to enjoy the sudden party with when I helped by making the beer run. I need to remember to be easy on the black label stuff! Woohoo! I haven't gotten tipsy in a long time. It was fun. Not over done, but silly, and I liked it. The bike was up and running before midnight. The wrench guy was impressive.

I fought with the auto upright recliner all night. I think I won. I woke up so I must have been asleep at some point! Mobluz had to work. I, scamp that I am, didn't. I spent the day drooling over motorcycles for sale and looking for things for the girl I guess I will call Bitsy. She's just a tiny thing. I didn't score but I lined up a few things.

After MoBluz went to work I hit a coffee shop with the laptop and sat outside in the woods nearby. It was beautiful and the violets were all out like a lush carpet. I yard sale searched for a small bed and failed. I enjoyed the day. I got the oil changed in the truck. I met another widow and we talked meaningfully. I wandered around a local flea market. It was thin this early in the season but it was nice that it was there.

The day was good. The night was good. I wandered off home after visiting with MoBluz and Bitsy after he got out of work. It was a pleasant time. The room is coming along nicely. I met one of his daughters over the weekend, too. It's been very nice, making new friends.

We met up at jam on Saturday. That was fun! We had done at least a little work on a couple of tunes and the people there were quick enough studies that they picked them right up. Everyone had one good song in them and we knocked off a couple that just rocked. I love it when that happens! It was good to see them all.

After MoBluz and I got a snack we headed out to meet my cousins that don't live too far north of there. I haven't seen them in some time. Everyone hit it off ok and then I had to fly for a hot Tunk game I was booked for two weeks in advance. My Northern friend and his family had a wonderful feed on and they are fun card players. For the buck or two I lost it was a big return on the investment just to laugh and joke with them.

Sunday I checked out a new church. It was wonderful, too. I needed the fellowship, joy and encouragement I found there. The music was awesome. They are my favorite kind of church. I call it a "working church". They aren't just sitting there paying off the new roof. There is a men's shelter, a food pantry, a household needs and clothing closet, too. I'm thinkin' I'm in....have to see what comes next.

I spent the rest of Sunday alone and writing until the neighbor girl, Singer, showed up. Haven't seen her since last summer when I went to her grandfather's bday country jam. We had a very good talk and learned her a new song. So there was even more music on Sunday.

This morning the #1son called to inform me that the next grand is a boy, his first. That's one of each gender and he says that's it. Blue jeans in size "0" coming soon.

Eldest Daughter's boy friend was in a bicycle wreck. Broken clavical, surgury coming. She was right there for him and they are doing ok.

Scooter Girl will be making a trip to visit soon and taking home some more of the things I am shedding. She the the family are doing fine.

Best Girl and her crew covered me so I could runn oft this weekend, shampooed the living room and we got a good talk in on Friday night. She is my hero!

Mom is planning a Florida run soon. Sis has a new baby mini horse. Shy Girl and her partner have had a lot of things coming right for them. Gloomy Guy got his apartment, Northern Man's back injury is mostly under control, Jeanette and her crew are unaccounted for, phones aren't working. My friend that lost her husband is hanging in there. The one I am missing good news for will be along when he gets here.

The bills are current, the bank book isn't zeroed and I get paid Thursday, the truck is running great and I have had fun a whole week.

Life is good right now. I am aware that it is a blessing. I am still lonely. The 20th was a special anniversary for the mate and I that always snags my heart, and there was a sadness in it, but I am smiling today.

Love them while you have them, folks. Enjoy it while you have it. Do it now and see me later!

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 23/4/08 1:30 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Your sis has a new mini horse! How awesome is that! I always wanted one. I'm VERY jealous.

 
At 23/4/08 1:51 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Saur! Hello and yup she likes them.

http://cindys-minis.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home