5/09/2008

gotta be more to this than being alive

Stranger than fiction. My good friend, Sunny, was over last night. We really needed that! Just time to be women of an age together and dump on each other. She's so good for my spirit!

While she was here I had explained I got (maybe) a little carried away with helping out a friend and that I wouldn't be able to the the motorcycle I had planned on (sort of) with that, so quickly gone, tax rebate. I finished up saying, "If I had gotten one it would probably rain all summer anyway!" for a comfort line.

Not fifteen minutes later the phone rang. It was my boy and he sounded sad. I asked what the problem was and he said it was the bike I gave him. I asked what was the matter with it. He explained he couldn't see getting it legal to ride maybe once a week, if he wasn't busy with cramming a life into two days home with the family. (he's a truck driver). There was added costs and lack of time and right now it didn't make sense. What did I want to do?

I said I'd be over to get it when I could and that I was proud of him. I knew how much he wanted to keep the bike. He's a Dad now. He put his own wants behind him and did what was right. The DIL wanted him to have that bike, too. She is going to be sad. But I will share with them.

I was getting off the bike because it kept making me sad to ride it. I want another one. But for now, being as I blew my bonus and don't see extra coming, if I want to ride I guess I will just have to buck up and find the love to enjoy in having the bike and not the love I miss so badly. It's an attitude ajustment I have been trying to make since day one of the mate going ahead of me.

I can sell it if I have to and then get another bike. We'll see. But last night it seemed like a wish being granted. I'm missing a bike in my life. It's part of who I like to be here.

The interview was a little unusual. I enjoyed meeting the nderf.org researchers by phone. Sunny cheered me on, refilled my coffee and laughed in the right places to let me know I was doing okay with them. They recorded, I talked. I'm looking forward to seeing what they shake out of all the words we shared. I have editing approval from them. I'm good with that.

Then Sunny offered to help with the bike insurance if I need it. So I'm off to price it now. Ya'll have a great weekend! I'm looking forward to mine. Forward. That's good.

Comments: 5 Comments:
At 10/5/08 7:57 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Happy biking to you.

 
At 11/5/08 11:17 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

She's insured and HOM#! I know she will keep breaking my heart but the need to ride is getting stronger than the saddness...gotta keep my face in the wind and going forward.

 
At 11/5/08 3:19 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Nothing like a good friend to be there when you need them.

Sounds like someone will be on a bike sometime soon.

 
At 13/5/08 10:38 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Hugs Fred!

BEEN there! DOING that!

Vrooooooommmmm!

 
At 13/5/08 10:38 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Hugs Fred!

BEEN there! DOING that!

Vrooooooommmmm!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home