5/07/2008

Music, Music, Music

I've been ramming on , still, it seems. Music to learn, places to go, people to see and a surprising (to me) turn in my virtual life.

For all you Michiganders and Michigeese, there is a new band coming out!

On May 30th and 31st at "Westwood at the Crossing" That's in Belmont, near Comstock Park, near Grand Rapids. (map). There is a cover charge, I don't know what it will be yet, but the music will make it well worth the cost. The music will be beginning at 9:30

If you can make it do not miss this! The MoBluz Band featuring blues writer/singer/guitiarist Dennis Hoffman is not a flash band, they're a working band; working to keep the blues real. While they have a wider range of music, this appearance will be debuting some new original blues and they are HOT!

I have been impressed by the songs this guy has. I don't think of myself as easily impressed, musically. When the unplugged CD comes out I will post it here. These are blues from real life, not written to make a buck and they touch everyone that ever had a bad time. It's not just whining and moaning, though some do that, too; there is an element of "I'm getting back up and see ya later" defiance that puts some spunk in the tunes. Yup, I like it!

It's not like I don't know the blues, trust me, I have written some that first hard year. They probably are too raw for public use but it helped me get it out of my system. This guy is good!

I have been having some unexpected feed back from Dead is Just a Four Letter Word. It's been pretty amazing. I have two authors that want to do interviews and several people that just had to share their feelings on it. It has surprised me with the impact it is having on people.

I stopped at jam on Saturday but spent most of the day brain storming with Mobluz and hangin' with Bitsy Girl. It was a good day. Sunday was also good. I have to cut back my rammin around soon. I'm having too much fun.

I got the lawn mowed for the second time JUST before the rains came today. It looked so pretty. I got kinda bummed. It used to be a gift to me when it looked like that. Now I give it to myself. Things keep bringing me to where I see that I am not having as much fun alone as I could with a partner. I guess I keep watching for one.

The kids have mostly all been in touch and are doing well. The oldest Grand is now a legal driver. Boy, am I old. There will be a gathering at Sis's for Mom's Day with the Mom. It promises to be fun, as always with that location and group. :)

The music has been coming back to me. I am looking forward to helping with the band and maybe even getting in a lick or two. Might even get to sing some.

We crammed a lot into the bible study last night. I heart that group. Gloomy Guy didn't make it but I talked to him and he is trying to get a business going. I think it will launch for him.

Jeanette is still invisible but with the opposite shifts it's not really surprising. I miss hanging with her.

Life is not bad today.