4/05/2008

Get your motor runnin'

I'm working on my first warm cup of coffee. I had one and a piece of yesterday's stash from the carafe to hold me until the fresh was made. The sun is up but I was freezing cold. I checked the heat. I had it down to 55. I forgot I left the windows open to air the other day.

Brrrr...I said, I want a shower soon. I cranked it up to 64 and then I had to laugh. The weather says it's supposed to be 60 out today and I was thinking of borrowing back the bike I gave the son to get a ride in on such a warm day!

People sure are weird, huh? Cold in jamas at 55, too cold to shower, but thinking of getting the bike out for a ride in just five more degrees. I guess I better think it through. I can dress for the weather and the ride would be wonderful.

I have so missed the spring routines of starting the bike and checking it over on the days not quite warm enough to ride on. Waiting for the first good rain to get the salt off the roads and seeing it go by this week left me missing my bike and a friend to share the anticipation with, I almost even missed shining the chrome after it's dusty winter in the garage. Almost!

As the sun continues to rise and warm the day I'm going to have a problem. Can I still get a guitiar on the back and make it to jam session? I don't know but I am thinking I might try it.

Even if I don't borrow back the bike that was mine once I have been drooling over the ones for sale on the side of the road. If the feds come through with the promised bonus I'm afraid I won't be practical at all. Even with the medical bills haunting me and honor bound as I feel to try to meet them I think I have to have a bike the way some people have to have shoes.

I like to wander but I'd wear out my feet walking those miles I want to cover. I don't like to waste gas someone else might need and at the prices the truck is not the best way to get around. I can get my overnighter and the laptop, a camera and the guitar on a bike with good saddle bags if I pack carefully. There might even be room for road tools, a book and a way to make coffee.....whoops. Ok, maybe a small trailer, too. Then the camping stuff will fit. If I am going to dream I may as well make it easier. A bit bigger bike and an easy set up pop up camper would get it all mobile with me.

Anybody want a barn cat? I think I have places for the dogs....

It's spring today for me and I'm dreaming but summer isn't gone yet. It might happen. So don't be surprised if I start writing with a southern drawl.

I'm planning on going to hear a friend's band tonight three towns over. It's just to fill the chairs for them. I expect it will be fun, of a sort. I don't know if I will make jam or not, or snatch the bike or not, or just lay out in the sun today and think.

Some time I'll let you know what happened next. Thanks for dropping in.

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 5/4/08 9:23 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

The windows are open here today!!!

 
At 5/4/08 9:27 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Yay! Me, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home