4/11/2008

Sunday morning coming down

I woke on Sunday feeling strange and low. I dealt with it as I made coffee and got moving. Sort of. I don't know how much longer I will have to deal with hormones but I'm starting to think I'm kinda old for this. I sat and wrote, read and prayed, as I do every Sunday. Then I went out to play. It was too nice to stay inside.

The #1son called in the afternoon about a glitch with his bike. Funny, it wouldn't start. I talked him through jumping it and heard it running. He got the first ride to the gas station to air it up and fill the tank. He offered me the next. I took him up on it.

It had been a fine day and I had been burning off the ditch. The wind got a little crazy and I had to do some fancy stepping to keep things where one person could handle it. That was what I was doing when the boy called. I put the fire well out, got dressed to ride and hit the road.

I took "old blue" through the curves and out to the flats to run her up and blow her out. That was fun! I came up on two other riders and passed a van to join them. That was fun, too. When we got to town they were going right and I was going left. We lined up at the light, smiled and waved and rode off. I went where I was headed, took care of business, left and headed back for the boy's house before it got too dark and cold.

As I went through town again I saw another biker or two. One was on a Harley of tourquoise, all the rest that day were black bikes. I was the only blue one. Cool!

I got back just as the sun was setting. I went in to visit with the grand and DIL. I had brought a peacock feather to the little one. At three years old she found it the perfect magic wand and tickle stick. She's really fun.

I headed home, contemplating the weekend. It was good. I rode behind a man and I rode on my own. I rode with other bikes. I enjoyed it all.

I slept well from the fresh air and exercise. Monday wasn't bad. I have made it to Friday again.

Comments: 4 Comments:
At 12/4/08 12:37 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It was a bikey kind of weekend for you, I'm glad you got to ride with the stranger as well as Old Blue.

 
At 12/4/08 5:55 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thanks Anvil!

 
At 13/4/08 3:51 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

That sounds like a great day! I'm glad you were able to once again pull yourself up by the bootstraps and make the most of things. You're so inspirational. :)

 
At 14/4/08 12:49 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I gotta get new boots!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home