3/22/2008

North to Alaska

Just a note to say hello, ya'll. It's been a bit of a rough week. Sometimes I get just running free and then that wall of reality hits. My head is sore this month.

I was looking around for a way to get a new bike. I was sure it was spring. Robins, dead skunks, starlings and cranes all around told me so. And the willows are yellow and there are crocus and daffodiles busting out.

Last night we got snow again and it just landed on me like rocks. I shouldn't be surprised. I have lived here most of my life. I remember the year my #1son was born it snowed on April 2nd, the day we were going home. I had gone to the hospital wearing a spring shift. Weleft in our snow suits. It's the first thing we had to buy him.

I decided to skip the jam session today. I have to keep the gas for work. I don't like it, but there it is. I'm being all responsible about things. Do you ever get tired of being the grown up?

Today I can't even go sledding or make a snow angel, it's just too cold to play outside and I am all pouty inside about it.

It's going to warm up soon, again. I'm just waiting it out, this long, cold spell of wanting to play and too cold to play yet.

Spring is coming and boy - am I ready for it!

Easter Sunday is coming tomorrow and I didn't have anyone to make baskets for. Last year I did them for my friends but this year they are all covered. They are back to work or have what they need to do their own. I'll make one for me and let that be enough. It seems strange though, not to do something for others tomorrow, no dinner to make or eggs to hide.

I'm getting used to it. I don't think I will ever like it. I can only wait until something breaks for me and it changes. I am even thinking about renting out the upstairs to help with the bills and have a companion around again. I have put it off. I thought I might just sell the whole house and take a room somewhere instead.

The market in houses in Michigan is ripe for someone with money to buy up half the state. Everyone is leaving to find jobs elsewhere and the places are going for chicken feed. I think it means I wait to sell, but I can still run a bit of a boarding house. It might even be fun with the right people here. I might even find some that like to play cards of an evening or enjoy gardening.

So the changes here continue and I try to go with the flow. I wait to see what happens next. When something does, I'll tell you!

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 23/3/08 7:58 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yes, spring is taking its time. Last year by now the snow was almost all gone, but we still have more than six feet of it on our front lawn.

 
At 25/3/08 7:35 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I still have snow but I have crocus, too. It's coming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home