3/25/2008

It was a time of confidences

The "anonamus commentorus" struck again. I have again deleted them. It's almost a shame to erase such long and heartfelt labor as those words represent. If they would only start their own blog they wouldn't have to bother us.

I know what it is like when the flow of words starts and you have to write until they cease. Then begins the labor of switching them around until they tell the story in order and make sense. I haven't had that happen enough lately.

I try to keep this the journal of my days. The Bro-in-law was by again this Monday very early in the morning. He didn't have to skip the coffee this time to work on the septic system, it's still working. He did dump some mouse traps for me and laugh at me. I gave a little shriek when I turned to answer a question and he had the poor, dead thing still in my view. I really don't do mice well at all, alive or dead.

We had a good talk and the coffee was just right, the companionship to starting my day was welcomed. He got a call and had to go as I needed to leave for work. Timing was perfect.

My north country friend who has been dealing with a back injury is doing better. He came down on Friday night for dinner, half brought by him and supplimented then baked by me. He also brought a hugh hunk of home made, by himself, chocolate pecan fudge. Candy! It was yum+!
We played cards and visited until dark and time for both of us to let the dogs out.

Mom and I have conspired on dinner tonight for bible study. I don't know who will all be there, that's part of the fun, seeing who shows up. I am looking forward to it.

I do hope you all had an excellent holiday. Last year I took the time to bake with Jeanette and gift our friends with it. I didn't even boil eggs this year. I am not sure why. I will think on it.

But it was peaceful and quiet and the robins, red winged black birds and starlings are back. It may be snowing again today but I know warm is coming!

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 31/3/08 11:53 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

We enjoyed our Easter! We grilled a rack of lamb on the BBQ, and I made new potatoes, asparagus, fresh arugala salad, croissant rolls, and my mom made a nice made-from-scratch cake. Mmmm.

 
At 2/4/08 3:01 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

It sounds like you had a great day with the family, Saur! I'm glad for you.

Thanks for saying hello!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home