7/23/2007

You've never had a friend like me!

I love the movie Aladdin!

Things are keeping me near home right now. It's ok, I like it here and I have what I need, mostly. It looks like I will be sitting here like Aladdin's genie in it's bottle for awhile. I'm just waiting to see who rubs it this time. So come on over.

Jeanette and I were talking about this the other day. Sometimes it seems like we are on hold in our own lives but someone else needs our time or our money or our help and we are busy helping them. So much so that we don't even realize we are not getting what we thought was important done. Then our own needs catch up to us and we scramble to get them back in line.

Now there is nothing really wrong with this. We are humans though and once in awhile we look around to see where the Genie is for us. I have seen them. I need this. Poof, someone comes. I fill their need, they take care of mine. It's kind of like magic.

What I see it as is love. Loving care of one another and the knowing you will never be turned away empty handed unless there is no way we can help. Even then we may just send you on to the next genie, we try our best to help when we can.

To all the Genies in my life, thank you for your help. To all those who rub the bottle I am in, thank you for letting me be the one you came to with your need. I love helping you get what you needed. It really is a joy to me.

It doesn't matter if it is just an encouraging word you ask for or the key to the car. I am glad to help however I can. Just remember, you have to rub the bottle, to get my attention. Then you have to ask so I know what you need. Even Genie's can't always guess right.

Don't hint, don't be delicate, I might get it wrong. Just say right out what you think you need and if I can I will help. So will Jeanette, or her kids or mine or the guy down the street that scraps, if getting rid of steel is what you need. I know him, too. He might need his lawn mowed. I get to help both of you then. That is even more fun!

I know you can't get here often, I know you have lives that take your time. I also know you love me, so it's ok that you don't come or call very often. I don't get over to you as much as I would like, either. But we always have fun when we do. That makes you my Genie, too!