7/20/2007

It looks like a horse in striped pajamas to me

God Bless Captain Kangaroo! I wish he was on DVD for the grands!
Illusion - reality. Fantasy - truth. Thoughts that many have pondered. Most are more qualified than me to pick up what is which and say it back to you.


I love my sisters. They have all got things they do that I can't or don't do as well and they see that in me, too. We were quite a pile of ingenuity as siblings.

I see them best when they are the selves I knew when we were growing up - what I know is the truth of them. It just makes me smile. We used to do the funnest things to occupy our time. We had plays and circuses and made tents in the house on rainy days. We sang, made puppets, gave shows and played. We climbed the highest and the fastest in the trees. We nursed baby rabbits and baby coons and hurt pups and wounded cats. We took care of each other, too. They are good sisters. I love them all.

The one I was once closest to sent me that pic today. I knew what it was when I saw it and I laughed. Who wants a perfect patio, anyway? You say, "Your patio is perfect and beautiful!" and the conversation ends with their "Thank you". Now you have nothing to discuss.

With her patio now you can go from confusion at the illusion to enjoyment of the joke and then on to reality and perception and what conversations we might have, all because she had some talent and a sense of fun. This was just so HER! I love that!

There are no brick patios in condos, they are too heavy. But we are farm girls and bricks and stones in our home make us feel safer. Solid construction, earth in our walls, protection from the elements. I love brick and stone. I see she does, too. I smiled again.

Is her wall broken or whole? Illusion? reality? truth? I don't know - it's my sister's wall. I can ask her and she told me that she painted on the bricks and hole. I haven't put my hand on it so I have to take her word.

But I know her and her talent so for me her word that it's a painting on a whole wall is truth for me, too. If you don't know her and you only see the wall, what you think it is will be up to you.


I can only perceive things as I am built and taught to see it. That makes it only truth for me. You all see it your way. But when I trust a sister is telling me her truth, I can see it with her eyes and take it to my heart to study on and learn from. I trust her not to lie to me.

This time I just laughed because that painting on the wall is so much of the her I grew up with, I see her smile in it like when she was eight and we got the bikes. Big smile, lots of fun!

For me the truth is that we are to love each other here. Here is where I will spend the love I have. I pick where to share it and how much I can give. I am learning I can't run out of love, so I try to give more all the time.

Today I send some to my sisters, all of them, and the one that shined a smile on me today I send a little extra!

You rock, sis! Uh..... you're a brick! (insert groan here)


Comments: 4 Comments:
At 20/7/07 12:19 PM, Blogger dan said...

The more you laugh at life, the less it can laugh at you. :)

 
At 20/7/07 1:48 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Honest laughter always lightens the heart.

 
At 21/7/07 1:27 PM, Blogger Debra said...

Oh, I still miss Captain Kangaroo! (Did you read my mention of him a couple weeks ago? You know that little moon-faced pitcher of mine you said you liked? I got that because it reminded me of the face on Grandfather Clock.) :) Your sister did a great job on the wall! Thanks for sharing... Debra

 
At 23/7/07 11:28 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thank you for reminding me of Grandfather clock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home