7/19/2007

We'll sing in the sunshine

I was tickled today to see the ducks I saw resting must have been being busy sometime. Six or seven fuzzy babies dotted the water of the swale today, just a little ways from the reeds. The gaggle of geese was on the shore again. It looked like they were waiting a turn for the water and watching the duckies swim.

I love these little flashes of wild life. I get them often enough to make me feel like I saw Mother Nature as I go on my way to work and home again.

I wish Anvil was there with me, he would have gotten a photo. They are so wild if I slow down too much they start to hide away. Still, it was beautiful.

When I see ducks and geese and heron all using the same water I see hope for us to learn to share peacefully the same planet.

*****

I had the cousins on my mind and then she commented here. She called me and missed but I called her back and we got caught up with each other. She said, in her message on the machine, that I had been on her heart. How sweet! I love my family and friends!

*******
That brings me to a pet peeve - I am trying not to be peevish anymore but I have such a sense of curiousity - I get mystified by hang up calls. I have had two at the house and one at work this week.

Do they hate machines? I do, sometimes. Was it a wrong number? I tried *69 on one but it was out of the area or private or a cell phone. I don't know who wants to wait for the machine and then hang up or hear my hello and then not talk. I am good with voices, one word would give me a clue. Even just heavy breathing would make me laugh! I can always use a laugh.

I don't pay for caller ID because most of the time I can guess who it is before I answer. It's not like I have a million people calling.

I changed the message on the machine to try to encourage people to leave at least a name, I will call them back. I really want to talk to them. It makes my day when a friend takes the time to call me.

So anyway, I got that out of my system today. Thanks for reading.

*******

I had a lot of time last night to think. The heat got to me yesterday because the humidity was so high here, they even had a low oxygen alert, I heard.

I got so "under the weather" I left early and went for the house to turn on the air, take a cold shower and then lay down for a rest. I only rested about an hour or so but I felt much better then.

It started me thinking how quickly all this can end, again. It really is just "POOF!" you're gone, sometimes. I am not afraid of that but I worry about leaving undone anything I should have done for the ones here I love.

Then last night, when I felt better and after my hour of prayer, I checked the will, the paperwork files and ran over the debts in my head. Pretty much the kids will have an easy job from me. Sell the house, if I still have it then, the car and anything they don't want to keep and split it up. There isn't enough for probate, I don't think, when all the bills are paid. Just enough to give them a little fun to have from me. There may not even be that left when I go, I might spend it all.

I have taken the time to show them I love them all , I think, so they have no regrets. There is no fighting or hurt feelings between us. I am good with most of my friends, too. I have seen them or talked to them and they all know I care and that I love them.

So life is good and I am doing well and learning so much everyday. Except for a little snag or two and the mystery of the hang up calls things are pretty smooth.

The changes have slowed down a little and I have had time to catch my breath and think. I have fun, I sing and share the music in me, I write, get outside a lot now where I can think. I walk more and I feel better than I have in a long time. I get out and down to the water where I love to go, too. It eases my heart to listen to the water.

I was just counting my blessings and it's still a hefty job. There are lots! You are all part of my blessings, my virtual friends and the ones I can be with and the ones I don't see. The love rains down on me. I am glad to be able to see it. I am not exactly doing all I wish, but I am doing all I think I can and I am content.

I didn't expect to be able to say that again. It is true. While I have dreams and see changes coming, perhaps, right now I am content.

God Bless you all with contentment today.