2/09/2007

When you're down and troubled and you need a helping hand

I made birthday brownies for one of the girls I am getting to know after their fire. I will get them over there in the morning. The kids will enjoy the treat.
I have been doing some thinking on my 'tude about my job and what it says about me. I am wanting to work in something I feel makes a difference in people's lives. It's hard to get excited and enthusiastic about product sales. It is still important to my customers. If I can save them money I will be helping them out. I need to remember that just because it's not important to me doesn't mean it's not important to someone else. I gave my word to do this for the boss, too. It's more important to me now to keep it. I have talked to the boss and I have some things to do for work next week. Monday I will be turning a new leaf over. Again!

I spent this morning talking with Jen and letting her get some phone calls made to take care of business. I have been seeing the divine love in action again. That is exciting!

One of the people she called was a loan consultant working to get her financing on rebuilding her home. She would have had to give her just bad news but she wasn't that kind of person. Instead of the usual "We're sorry but we can't help you through the bank." she had a personal friend that she asked Jen to call and talk to about financing. More strange ways the power works. I am loving it. Jen didn't get more depressed, she was touched someone who only knows her throught credit reports and finacial statements would take the time to go to the extra effort to find her financing help. There may be one more way to go if this falls through, too. It's amazing.

The weather broke today, it was in the thirties and down right balmy out! I put the cats out and let the dog out and Jen and I sat here and watched the birds as we worked out feelings and planned the days to come. When she decided she was hungry for steak I asked if she would like to cook. I thought it might help her get feeling more at home. I sat here and enjoyed the feeling of someone else making a meal for us again.

While Best Girl has brought food and so have the #1son and DIL as well as my Tuesday people it has been a good long while since I was here and someone cooked for just us and I was pledged to clean up, like a team. Even though it's not a mate, it's a friend and it felt good.

She realized that it was the first time she has cooked since the 17th of January when she burned out. It is still hard for her in that it is not her kitchen and her pots and pans and such, she misses them and that is rough for her. Still, it was normal, everyday activity that she could relax and enjoy doing. The steaks were good, the fried potatoes were golden and the corn was crisp. We ate together and listened to the washer going, another normal sound, and were grateful for the food and the companionship.

After she went to bed I started dishes then took a nap. I'm up but she is not yet. I thought about going out but am waiting to see what happens next. Thinking.

I don't know if she will sleep all night or not. She works third shift and it's messing us up a little as we get accustomed to each others schedules. We tend to "Chip and Dale" ourselves into overly considerate silliness. It will be ok, it's just roommate stuff. She didn't want to come home and wake me up too early so felt she had to kill time after work. I fussed around and made coffee to have ready to greet her but it is the end of her day, she wants a relaxing beverage. We are working it out.

The animals like her and she is doing ok with them. The sis was over and they hit it off fine. The kids two way her to say hello every day and the needs at the house are taken care of. It's coming along fine. I think she finally realized that her being here is a blessing to me, not a chore. She is a companion and a friend. I really am enjoying getting to know her better. I am not alone right now and even though there are snags while we learn how we do things, it is good for both of us.

I have talked to all the kids this week and they are good. I went with mom to visit a friend that just had a mastectomy and take her some comfrey. We talked awhile and made her laugh.
I stopped at the jam session for an hour Thursday night and that was fun. I just listened and checked to see if I can still knit while I sat there and they sang and played. I have a friend that wants to learn knitting. I started a dish rag. I can still knit but I know now why I like crocheting better, it's easier on my hands.

I have been thinking of many of you this week. I miss my time here but really have to live a "real" life, not a totally virtual one. It's going to be spotty here but I want it kept up.

I have errands to run tomorrow and a few things to get at the store. Life is good.